Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 07:37 AM

Default Stupid situation that came up last night (long, boring)

So two nights ago I bump into this girl I have met once or twice and she invites me and one of my other friends I was with at the time to a Film Festival party (Toronto) at Casa Loma the next night. I talk to her a couple times yesterday to sort out the details and make sure its ok I bring a couple girls and she says yeah ok but just don't go in until i get there because I forgot to put you on the list but I will when I show up.

Ok fine.

I have been getting into a lot of parties during the festival that are supposed to be tough to get into just by showing up and looking the part basically so Im not really worried.

My friends and I get tired of waiting for her to call so we just head down there and try to get in thinking w/e if they dont let us in we will wait for her since they were supposed to show any minute.

We go to the front, tell them she invited us, they look at us funny since the reservation is only for two but the lady doesnt care and lets us all in. The party is cool, tons of people random celebs and everythings free. Im on my way to the bar and get a call from the girl the invited us who just got in and go meet up with her. She is furious. Totally losing her mind that we didnt wait, claims she going to get in all kinds of trouble with her work (she just started working for some publisist). She wants me to leave shes yelling and lecturing me and stuff, I feel bad so I go outside to the chick who let us in and apologize and tell her it was my fault etc etc and she doesnt care at all, and also makes it clear there's no way this would have ever got back to the girl who invited me's boss anyways. I go back inside and tell the girl who invited me and apologize profusly, who then after lecturing me more about this finally decides to drop it and try and have fun (but not after unessesarily trashing one of my girlfriends to me).

I was pretty pissed but w/e Im going to have fun so I just ditch her as soon as I can and go about my business. I then run into another girl that I know well who offers me an extra VIP pass and they are starting to shut down the regular bars in this place so I happily go with her. On the way there I run into crazy girl who invited me and she asks about the VIP thing around my neck and I tell her I ran into a friend just going to have a drink blah blah blah, she's like "Oh yeah Im VIP too" so I just say ok, see you in there and leave.

She then calls me after not being able to get into this part of the Castle and starts yelling at me and texting me that I have to leave. WTF. I wanted to cuss her out but I also dont want people to hate me so I just tried to be nice about it.

Should I be totally pissed about this, or was I in the wrong in some way?
Old 09-14-2007, 07:58 AM

Default Re: Stupid situation that came up last night (long, boring)

Sounds like the sort of person who'll be first up against the wall when the revolution comes.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:08 AM

Next time you should be prepared:

Old 09-14-2007, 08:10 AM

Make it short, interesting?, i think you handled yourself well. Should you be pissed? nah, you should remain indifferent to her.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, a girl invited you to a sweet party you otherwise would have had no business at and asked you not to go in without her. You got tired of waiting for her, so you went on your own and totally [censored] the girl over by using her name and invitation to get you into the party in direct violation of the promise you'd made to her. Now you want to know if you have a right to be pissed off at her.

Yeah, it sounds like she freaked too much but none of this happens if you keep your word and don't go in without her.

SpaceAce
Old 09-14-2007, 09:37 AM

Apathy -

This all sounds totally fine and standard for that kind of thing. Except for that chick freaking out. She was probably happy that she had someone that she felt bigger than since it sounds like she's new in the business. Then you went and showed her up. But whatever, you don't need her any more, meet some people higher up than her then tell her to go [censored] herself.

These movie things are not the place that you're going to meet anyone who gives a [censored] about your feelings so don't worry about theirs. It's not like this was a date, unless the story left out some details. The only reason you were meeting this girl as far as I can tell is to get into the party. You showed up with 2 other girls ffs.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:44 AM

Old 09-14-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, a girl invited you to a sweet party you otherwise would have had no business at and asked you not to go in without her. You got tired of waiting for her, so you went on your own and totally [censored] the girl over by using her name and invitation to get you into the party in direct violation of the promise you'd made to her. Now you want to know if you have a right to be pissed off at her.

Yeah, it sounds like she freaked too much but none of this happens if you keep your word and don't go in without her.

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

What about this part?

"I was pretty pissed but w/e Im going to have fun so I just ditch her as soon as I can and go about my business. I then run into another girl that I know well who offers me an extra VIP pass and they are starting to shut down the regular bars in this place so I happily go with her. On the way there I run into crazy girl who invited me and she asks about the VIP thing around my neck and I tell her I ran into a friend just going to have a drink blah blah blah, she's like "Oh yeah Im VIP too" so I just say ok, see you in there and leave.

She then calls me after not being able to get into this part of the Castle and starts yelling at me and texting me that I have to leave. WTF. I wanted to cuss her out but I also dont want people to hate me so I just tried to be nice about it."
Old 09-14-2007, 01:48 PM

Also the VIP incident happened about 3 hours after the getting in incident during which time we had talked about other stuff and she appeared to have calmed down etc.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:06 PM

you didn't leave, did you?