Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 08:45 AM

Default A tricky flop with TT UTG

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (11.20 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero..???

--- The converter messed up and the Big blind was all in for .90 cents preflop. ---

I'm thinking here a call and then a check/fold on the turn if I don't get any help. Is that fairly standard? No real read on the raiser. Or is it worth check/calling through to the showdown if the turn and river are all under cards to my pair? There was also that third player all in preflop for almost 2 big bets. How should that affect my decision making?
Old 11-04-2007, 10:46 AM

Default Re: A tricky flop with TT UTG

What have you seen CO 3-bet with pre-flop? How aggressive is he? Without reads you're probably better off folding this flop than trying to hit your 2 outer.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:40 AM

I'd just fold this one. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] A 3bet is usually TT/JJ/QQ/KK/AA/AK. Once the K falls, there's no hand that you beat inside that range.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:27 PM

:g:

I fold you just fell behind AK. If he bluffed you this time the gg him.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:35 PM

I'd take one card off. Considering the times you hit your 2 outer, and the times he has AQ/99/something else and decides to check it down, I think it's worth 12:1. Fold to bet on turn though (unless you hit obviously).
Old 11-04-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd take one card off. Considering the times you hit your 2 outer, and the times he has AQ/99/something else and decides to check it down, I think it's worth 12:1. Fold to bet on turn though (unless you hit obviously).

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do you hit your 2 outer? How often do you see a show down for 1sb? You can peel one if you want, but it is -EV but you are probably better off telling yourself it's for meta-game purposes instead of it being at all math based.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:26 PM

I don't know how full ring is, but the same stats at 6-max, I've been capped by AQo before. At 6-max I think this is probably a call down, but at full ring I'm more inclined to fold.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:27 PM

You've been 3 bet and then capped. The capper at least is likely to have a better hand than you PF and that K is a bag card on the flop in his other non PP capping hands. Fold the flop and move on.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:24 PM

Fold the flop, the check told the villian that u didn't hit the flop. If I thought the Villian was loose and would 3 Cap some lesser holdings then i would have bet the flop, if he raised me I'd bail on the turn.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know how full ring is, but the same stats at 6-max, I've been capped by AQo before. At 6-max I think this is probably a call down, but at full ring I'm more inclined to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling down just in case he has one particular hand = very bad poker. Nearly everything is beating you. Time to fold.