Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 08:13 AM

Default AQ when you don\'t hit the flop

No reads on opponent.

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero...
Old 11-04-2007, 08:51 AM

Default Re: AQ when you don\'t hit the flop

With no reads I bet the turn here on the basis that BB could be calling with any two overcards to the board. I fold to a check raise and I check behind on the river if I don't improve. The real problem here comes if he donks the river after check calling the turn.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:54 AM

The flop is pretty dry here and you're only against 1 opponent but he could be a donk calling with a 7, 2 or 3. The pot is only 3 BBs so it's not worth fighting over it too much. You have position so you can check and get a free river card and then bet if you hit an A or Q on the river, otherwise check/fold.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:33 AM

Most of the time you check behind here and fold to the river bet from BB if you don't improve.

Sometimes you'll want to bet this again and check behind on the river. Going too far with overcards is one of the first leaks you should be fixing in your game.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of the time you check behind here and fold to the river bet from BB if you don't improve.

Sometimes you'll want to bet this again and check behind on the river. Going too far with overcards is one of the first leaks you should be fixing in your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good guide K, I think that's one of my leaks too, esp with AK
Old 11-04-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would check the turn here if I knew I was playing a passive player who wouldn't bet the river without a made hand of some description once I had shown weakness. That's one of the first things I note about opponents because it is very useful in situations like this. Against an unknown or an aggressive player who will bet the river with J10o after I check the turn I prefer to bet now and then I can maybe make an extra bet if I hit an ace or queen on the river. I fold UI if villain donks the river, but this isn't going to happen often with a hand that I beat.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:22 AM

I could go either way, but bet more often than check.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:36 AM

Without a read, I usually bet here. Micros is chock-full of players who peel the flop lightly but will fold to a bigger bet on the turn.

If I knew this player is a TAG (who is unlikely to call a dry flop for kicks) or a LAG (who loves bluff-raising the turn), then it becomes closer to a check for me. If he's loose-passive, then he's the ideal candidate for firing a second bullet. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2007, 04:28 PM

:g:

With no reads I fire again and check behind on river UI.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:48 PM

Check behind turn and call the river. If u knew your opp was either passive or aggro u could (and should) do something else. At lower stakes I b/f, but at 1/2 I think opps are genrally Taggy making that approach dangerous.