Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 02:31 AM

Default Two Live 1/2 Hands OOP vs tough opponent

This took place at the Borgata in Atlantic City. Directly to my left is a very good regular who is fully capable of mixing it up, three-betting light, floating, and overall making life a living hell. Only reason why I'm at the table is a fish with over $2000 in his stack. I've seen the fish stack off very lightly with very weak draws and hit. Great table, terrible position. Almost comically, none of these hands deal with the fish.

10 handed table 1/2 nl

Hand One
Hero is dealt 79 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB.

Two limps, the fish pops it to $7, 2 callers, I call $5, two limpers call $5.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (Pot 42)

Hero Checks, 4 checks, Villain (Weak/Passive) bets $10, Hero raises to $40, 4 folds, villain calls $30

Turn 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (Pot $122)
Hero bets $50, Villain raises to $100, Hero?

Hand 2 <font color="blue"> </font> <font color="blue"> </font>

Hero has lost a couple of big pots and has been pretty active at table here. The good player that I talked about earlier and I have some history of playing back lightly. I look steamed (although I'm not) and have a terrible image.

UTG limps for $2, Hero makes it $15(standard open in this game) with AKo and $180 total chips, Good Player makes it $35 total, Hero should?

Good player has a large range here and I feel like he could be iso-raising me because of my recent history. However in his range would be big hands as well because he knows that i know that he knows blah blah level level. What move is most likely to maximize EV?

Sorry for the large post and I appreciate comments on all streets.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:54 AM

Default Re: Two Live 1/2 Hands OOP vs tough opponent

Hand 1: You've made a couple mistakes before the turn. First, lead the flop. It sucks when you lead and get a bunch of calls, but leading allows you to shove when you get raised. As played, your check-raise is too small. Make it $60ish here. Your turn bet is a dark tunnel bluff. What do you expect to fold to a less than half the pot bet? Assuming stacks are 100 BBs deep, just shove here, since you're getting all the money in with any bet and you want to maximize FE. You can't fold to the turn raise getting over 5:1, if stacks are 100 BBs deep you have $50 behind. He's not folding to a shove, so call and get it in if you hit one of your many outs (I'd shove any heart, an 8 or a 7 at least, possibly a 9).

Hand 2:

Shove. Any 3-bet commits you and puts you in a terrible spot if you whiff the flop, you're not folding obviously, and calling OOP is pretty gross.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:13 AM

OOPS! I didn't realize I didn't include stack sizes in first hand. I have $300 and the villain covers.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OOPS! I didn't realize I didn't include stack sizes in first hand. I have $300 and the villain covers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call turn for sure. Bet like $90-$100 to start with though.