Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Play Critique: What Can I Improve On?

Hello all.

I have been playing holdem regularly for the past year and am now just coming to the point of (hopefully) switching from a losing-breakeven player to a small winning player.

I would like to ask for your opinion on my play and help me point out areas that I may be able to improve upon.

Some details:

-I have about a $350 bankroll at the moment.
-I play mostly low/micro limit games on iPoker and Tilt in the .10/.20 to .25/.50 range.
-80% of games played 6-handed though I started playing some full ring recently.

I have posted some stats from PokerTracker for your review. I know they're not a lot of hands, but hopefully enough to point me in the right directions. Unfortunately, I don't have more hands to show due to a PokerTracker issue. The hands from the examples below are from the last 10 days and are consistent with my play.

Thanks in advance.

OMFGWTF

Old 11-22-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Play Critique: What Can I Improve On?

If you're playing NL50 with $350 you're seriously underrolled. If you can't replace that easily don't play NL 50. You don't even have enough to be playing NL25 comfortably. Number 1 help to playing good poker is bankroll management. If you can replace $350 easily then do so and put at least $1000 online to play NL50 with. But it would probably be a better idea to play NL10 and wait until you're crushing that which shouldn't take long if you stick around here and read posts/stickys.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:10 PM

Some more info:

Previously, my BB/100 Hands would hover around the (20-22) range, which improved and stabilized at about (8-10) range about two months ago after I made some adjustments.

I'm hoping to push it to the next level and into the positive range.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some more info:

Previously, my BB/100 Hands would hover around the (20-22) range, which improved and stabilized at about (8-10) range about two months ago after I made some adjustments.

I'm hoping to push it to the next level and into the positive range.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is over a sample like the one above of 1550 hands then it is completely meaningless as that is an incredibly small sample size when it comes to winrates. You likely ran hot (unless you meant negative which now I think you might have meant, bit confused now)....and $350 is not nearly a big enough roll to play 50NL. 10 BI swings do happen and 4 or 5 BI swings are pretty common even for very solid winners.

I think you're probably playing too many hands and you're gap between Vip and PFR is a little high so I bbet you're calling/limping a little too much. Looks like you defend your blinds too much.