Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 07:19 AM

Default Re: Ciaffones books

[ QUOTE ]
Both books are great and his new book should be finished by the end of the year and published next year is my current guestimate. He made a comment in one of his latest articles.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume that you are talking about his no limit book. This is the same no limit book that he told me would be finished by the end of 2004. In early 2005 he told me he got caught up in other projects but it would be out no later then the end of 2005. In 2006 he claimed that it was in the final editing stage and I would see a copy no later then the end of 2006. I will believe it only when I see an actual finished copy.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:12 PM

Reid neither, and read the Flynn/Mehta book here instead.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(I can't recall the specific hand you reference, but iirc many of the hand examples are much deeper than 100bb, which of course a lot of today's games are capped at.)

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC it's the one where he has 22 in an unraised pot, he pots it on an 852 (maybe 952 or something similar) board and gets checkraised quite small by someone who'd obviously have raised AA-QQ pre and led other overpairs post

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok - I found that hand and the effective stacks are only like 100bb. I have to admit, taken in the contect of today's games, that fold would be pretty bad.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:26 PM

Edit time expired - "Reid" is "read", obviously (before someone tells me that me no spelly good).
Old 10-12-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok - I found that hand and the effective stacks are only like 100bb. I have to admit, taken in the contect of today's games, that fold would be pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the dynamics of the table were completely different, a fold would be pretty bad? If people can't figure that out, then they probably shouldn't read any poker book.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the dynamics of the table were completely different, a fold would be pretty bad? If people can't figure that out, then they probably shouldn't read any poker book.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm taking Ciaffones word for it that this guy was such a rock and so predictable it made the fold correct.

I've never seen such a player myself so when I flop bottom set with 100bb stacks the rock is just going to have to show me a higher set because I'm not folding.

And clearly, yes. Some people can't figure that out. See post above from a few days ago to see example.