Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 04:49 PM

Default stars support

For the first time ever, I am disappointed in Stars support.

Last night I transferred $10,000 to another Stars player. For the unaware, if you've made large transfers with a player before, they are usually quick about doing it and do not require verification. If you haven't, it usually results in them calling (and/or emailing) you to verify the transfer.

This was the first time transferring to this particular player, so, they made their standard call.

Their "security questions" to me:

1. What's the stars name of the player you just transferred to?

2. You recently transferred $12,800 to another player, what's their Stars name?

3. What is the last deposit method you have used on this site?

If these questions are being asked to verify it is in fact me they're talking with on the phone, wouldn't it make sense to ask me Q's that aren't answerable within the Stars client? What's the point of even trying to verify they're talking with me and not someone pretending to be me. If they're going to ask me THESE questions for verification, I wish they'd simply make the phone call be: "Hi is this Mike, did you just transfer $10,000 to someone." "Yes, and yes." "Kbye." BTW, I didn't even really know the answer to their third question, my response was something like "I honestly can't tell you for sure, it's been a long time since I've made a deposit, but anyway if you really need an answer, I'm guessing it was with neteller."

Their support finally = disappointing.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: stars support

lol i made a 3k transfer and they asked me how i met the guy, whether i knew him in real life or only online

i was like wtf does that have to do w/anything........
Old 09-20-2007, 04:55 PM

What exactly could stars ask you that 1. You remember, 2. They are aware of and 3. Isn't in the client? I can't think of anything. Your playing history can be ascertained from HHs obtained from the client.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:55 PM

Ya, their intent is good but the whole method is flawed when their verification Q's are stupid. I really want to scream into the phone during these calls, STOP WASTING MY TIME, DON'T YOU SEE THIS LAYER OF SECURITY ISN'T STOPPING ANYTHING.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:56 PM

I mean.. they called the phone number you gave them. Guy who answered thought the transfer was fine. I don't really get why they need to do anything else.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:57 PM

wow are you always like this? be happy they do their best to secure your privacy and safety.

anyone could of answered your phone so 3 questions to make sure it's you.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What exactly could stars ask you that 1. You remember, 2. They are aware of and 3. Isn't in the client? I can't think of anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the point is there shouldn't be any Q's. It should be a phone call to the # they have listed for your account, and simply trust that it is you on the other end picking up. If they call and are told by the other end "yes I made that transfer," that should be the end of the call.

That's my point.

I've had 15+ of these "security calls" this year, with each one of them being dragged out 3 minutes longer than they should be. Keep up this pace, and by the end of the year that's an hour of my time, which putting it into EV terms is a decent amount of "lost time/money."
Old 09-20-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya, their intent is good but the whole method is flawed when their verification Q's are stupid. I really want to scream into the phone during these calls, STOP WASTING MY TIME, DON'T YOU SEE THIS LAYER OF SECURITY ISN'T STOPPING ANYTHING.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right. i suggest emailing support and letting them know.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow are you always like this? be happy they do their best to secure your privacy and safety.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fine with the call. Do you see why the 3 Q's they ask could be answered by anyone, especially if it was someone who wasn't me, but was sitting in front of a computer with my Stars lobby opened?
Old 09-20-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fine with the call. Do you see why the 3 Q's they ask could be answered by anyone, especially if it was someone who wasn't me, but was sitting in front of a computer with my Stars lobby opened?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes so what do you suggest? they can ask you for your bankaccountnr and birthdate?