Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 12:14 PM

Default $24NL made trips on the flop. How much to re-raise

Can't remember the players stats as I played this hand last night.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($6)
Button ($21.40)
SB ($34.33)
BB ($51.21)
Hero ($20.62)
UTG+1 ($5.24)
MP1 ($36.57)
MP2 ($4.20)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.22) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.75, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $1.5</font>, Button folds, BB calls $0.75, <font color="#CC3333">

The minimum raise looks like a sign of strength to me so the question is now, how much to raise?
Old 08-02-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Re: $24NL made trips on the flop. How much to re-raise

I'd call &amp; give the BB a chance to bet on the turn. My guess is...w/ 1 raiser + 1 caller --&gt; one has TPTK &amp; the other has an ISD or bottom trips. I'd lead out w/ a PSB &amp; push all in if reraised.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:41 PM

minraise, pot turn.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:12 PM

Call. Raising here shows a ton of strength. MP1 hand could really be anything.

Bet/Raise/get money in on any turn.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:31 PM

Call. check to MP1 then hope BB calls hit bet and the c/r.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:33 PM

Hi Cloodie,

This is a great flop for you. I know you don't have stats on villian, but we have to assume that he would raise with TT+ here. So that's why I rule out TT+ for MP1. I don't like putting people on a specific hand (for obvious reasons), but this is a dry uncoordinated flop that AT would raise with. I don't think you need to raise at all. I would just smooth call and depending on villain's AF (aggression factor) I would either check raise the turn or bet the turn hoping for MP1 to come over the top. Then you can get it all in. The strange part of this hand is the BB calling MP1's raise. What do you think he has? Maybe KT-9T? Either way, I wouldn't be afraid of a set of tens here. So your only decision here is what to do on the turn. I prefer to bet in these situations hoping for another raise by villain.

So my line here would be to smooth call the flop. That gives us roughly $5 in the pot. Then we can bet $3.50 - $5.00 on the turn assuming the BB checks to us. If he bets, get it all-in!

AC
Old 08-02-2007, 03:46 PM

Reload before the hand
Don't open call.

It's much easier to suck in people on a raised pot, and the continuation bet takes down the pot often enough to make up for the times when you get pushed off your hand.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reload before the hand
Don't open call.

[/ QUOTE ]i agree with the first part but disagree with the second part but that is debated by everybody all the time and is boring.

In the hand I'd just call.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:09 PM

I actually played the hand differently from my normal play and I've no doubt it cost me a few $. Normally I would've called and hoped to extract more value on the turn but on this occasion I read the minimum raise as being very strong, I actually put him on bottom set so I put in a big overbet and they both folded.

It was a strange hand for me as I very rarely put someone on a specific hand and after seeing how this turned out I know why [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually played the hand differently from my normal play and I've no doubt it cost me a few $. Normally I would've called and hoped to extract more value on the turn but on this occasion I read the minimum raise as being very strong, I actually put him on bottom set so I put in a big overbet and they both folded.

It was a strange hand for me as I very rarely put someone on a specific hand and after seeing how this turned out I know why [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm usually suspect of min-raises but rarely view it as a real sign of strength. If anything, I just think it's a bad play.