Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Re: ** Official July Chat Thread: The Black Swan **

[ QUOTE ]
diebitter reload you fish

[/ QUOTE ]

be cool, I've said several times I'm using July to test out different shortstack strategies. Just be glad I was away for a week.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:31 PM

I think I've finally actually started liking shortstackers. Consider:

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Theoretically, shortstackers mostly gain their edge from loose players. I'm not really a loose player.
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Almost all shortstackers aren't very good.
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]If a shortstacker is good, I am absolutely thrilled that he can only take 20bb off the fish at a time. They nibble on the fish, which leaves the fish in the water until somebody with a bigger stack (hopefully me!) swallows them.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

be cool, I've said several times I'm using July to test out different shortstack strategies. Just be glad I was away for a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

I for one have missed seeing you around (probably because I don't have to play against you). Where have you been? On vacation?
Old 07-21-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you guys in the US should state your bb/100 net

[/ QUOTE ]

This never works because you get some guy who plays 1-2 tables during peak hours with a sample of about 10,000 hands who proves he's crushing the game and better than everybody else. Then the rest lie about their winrates so they won't be outdone (why include that session where I tilted off a few stacks? That wasn't really how I normally play). In summary, it becomes a big dick waving contest while everybody is fully dressed and nobody knows who's lying or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know. I always think its funny when people say they are 5PTBB/100 over what they claim is a statistically relevent number of hands, and then scream variance when their lifetime winrate halves in the space of a week.

BTW, my dick is 8.39 PTBB/100 long today. Better than the negative length it had last week, anyway.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:00 PM

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $34.20
BB: $28.75
UTG: $59.55
UTG+1: $38.25
MP1: $77.20
MP2: $52.95
Hero (CO): $76.60
BTN: $41.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($6) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $3.50</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $13.50</font>, SB calls $10.00

Turn: ($33) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets all-in for $18.70</font>, Hero calls $18.70

River: ($70.40) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $70.40 ($3 Rake)

SB had 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a full house, Eights full of Tens) and WON (+$33.20)
Hero had A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and LOST (-$34.20)
Old 07-21-2007, 10:54 PM

Villian had a pretty sweet set draw. TOugh to lay down.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

jesus there is an army of shortstackers, all need to die in a horrible fashion

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it wrong to berate these people? I find myself getting frustrated once in a while and will go off on them. They really do nothing good for the game. If this trend continues there will be like 5 SS's on every table with 20bb's. I also noticed A LOT of new players from Germany and Austrailia are short stacking now.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

jesus there is an army of shortstackers, all need to die in a horrible fashion

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it wrong to berate these people? I find myself getting frustrated once in a while and will go off on them. They really do nothing good for the game. If this trend continues there will be like 5 SS's on every table with 20bb's. I also noticed A LOT of new players from Germany and Austrailia are short stacking now.

[/ QUOTE ]

i always in the chat DIE SHORTSTACK DIE

the only shortstack i dont berate is diebietter because is a mod and a gangster
Old 07-22-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you guys think about the Mehta/Miller/Flynn book coming out? I was getting pretty pumped about it but after reading the excerpt in the Internet Magazine it seems like it's both targeted at beginners AND targeted at loose live games. Bummer.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've been reading from the reviews it seems like the first half of the book covers basic concepts and the 2nd half of the book is very informative with more advanced concepts. I for one cannot wait to get my hands on it. I'm consumed with getting better and this can only help.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:46 AM

Someone please help me.

I've never had a losing month in over a year and a half (really not even close). 45000 hands in July has brought me this........

I've never experienced anything like it. For 3 weeks straight, it doesn't matter what I have, I'm always beat.

Did everyone just get really good at pokah? Do I suck now?

I started talking to myself while I'm losing.......I say things like "I don't know how to play this game anymore" and "how can this keep happening to me".

Any of the regs ever run really bad for the better part of 3 weeks in a row? I need to hear some downswing stories please.