Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2006, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Recruiting Writers for the Internet Magazine

[ QUOTE ]
durron,

True, I forgot that STT likes him as well. You've also said that STT is one of the forums that's basically a community that doesn't really take part in the rest of 2p2. So I'm not sure they're that terribly representative.

I think it's much more than OOT that takes issue with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if it's OOT and NVG, the fact remains that the TC articles are quite good and there's at least one strategy forum that greatly values Lorinda's advice. I admit that Lorinda does have temper control problems but I still value every strategy post he makes.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, a suggestion: why not post an open invitation to submit in the other poker forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just did this in five forums: Omaha/8, Stud, Pot-Limit Omaha, Other Poker, and Heads Up.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:39 PM

I can't currently make any promises but my schedule is about to slow down to the point that I'm going to try to do some more interviews again.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:33 PM

When the magazine was new, I was interested in trying to write an article. As Dids says, Lorinda and BVT killed the credibility of the magazine and chased away lots of twoplustwoers, including me. Hopefully, you will be able to dig it back out of that hole and rekindle interest in the magazine.

Last week was my last week at Microsoft and I have some time before I start a new job. I'll try to write this article on seat selection concepts that I have had in mind for a while. I think that it will contain some ideas that will be new to most readers and that will be applicable to a variety of games.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:49 PM

After finishing my second issue of the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine (Ocotber issue just went up), I'm fairly happy with the direction it's going.

My biggest concern is still getting submissions. While the quality has been fairly high, the quantity has been surprisingly low. In particular, full ring game hold 'em articles (both limit and no-limit) have dried up.

I'd like to get some more reccomendations of which top strategy posters to solicit articles from.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:51 PM

New bump.

To my continuing surprise, I just can't seem to get consistent quality hold 'em articles (limit and no-limit) submitted to me. So, once again, I'd like to solicit the mods opinions on who I should contact to impmrove the quality of the Magazine content.

The Magazine has also had very few submissios about tournament hold 'em. So, that's an area I could use some advice in too.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:29 PM

Hey Dynasty -- what are the terms of writing articles? Is there any $ in it? How often do you want them? I could write some pretty decent general LHE pieces... for example, here's a long strategy post I made in SS a while ago that got a lot of really good feedback (including people who say I should have submitted it to the magazine -- something I hadn't even considered).

Another poster I think would be good is Nate1279 (or 1729 or something like that). He's actually working on a huge thesis about strategy for Arizona's pseudo-NL game, the 5-150 spread. I think he should publish it in the magazine instead of in a strat forum.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:17 PM

The Magazine pays $200 per article. Published articles stay on the website for three months. During those three months, the article can't be published anywhere else. After that period is over, the rights to the article return completely to you (you can publish it again elsewhere).

The Magazine is monthly so it's ideal to find writers who can produce an article each month. Jeffage has been an excellent contributor of stud articles as has Frank Jerome for Omaha/8 material. If I could get some NLHE and LHE writers like them, it would be great.

I already have Nate's article on that spread limit game. I got it a few days ago and am about to take a first look at it.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:32 PM

I have followed up on all the suggestions given in this tread over the past 5+ months.

Schneids: He was busy for a while but I've recently PM'd him again to guage his interest.

Blair Rodman: Blair is mostly playing Elimination Blackjack tournaments now. But, he's interested in contributing some articles on that game. I'm considering it.

*TT*: He should be starting a series of 2-7 TD articles in the March issue.

Barron Vangor Toth: After not agreeing on a couple submissions when I became editor, Barron stopped submitting articles.

Lorinda: I PM"d "her" a few months ago. Her interest was low mostly because of the more strategy-oriented direttion I was trying to take the Magazine in.

Dan (MrNow) had a long series in the Magazine already (Poker and Finance).

Wookie: I know I've PM'd him. But, I don't remember his response.

Tommy Angelo: He wrote one article. But, he's currently working on a book so he's not available.

[censored]: I actually didn't follow up on Sniper's "advice". But, gossip collumns aren't what I'm looking for.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:56 PM

I wouldn't mind writing another article. I'd actually been talking w/ Nfinity about doing a whole series of 6 max LHE articles. He used to be a Micro/SSSH regular, but some personal issues have regulated an on-again-off-again poster, with more off-again lately. I'll have to see if I can get a hold of him again so we can bounce ideas off each other. Once I get inspired on a topic, I can usually get something decent written in not too much time. I'll let you know when I/we have something.