Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 02:43 AM

Default in which i own someone then fold

hi guys, villain is a 20/7 tag here who doesn't quite get it. thoughts? my image is also tag.

1/2 fr online

Preflop: hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, hero calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">hero raises</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, hero folds.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB
Old 10-23-2007, 03:02 AM

Default Re: in which i own someone then fold

On the flop, I thought villain might be pumping a combo draw here, then after BB folds he continues to cap, so I don't really think so unless its something obscure like T8dd or 86dd, so I don't think those are likely holdings )given the stats).

The turn c/r is good. If you put him on an overpair like TT or JJ then thats understandable, I don't see him playing the flop the way he did with 88, 66, 55, 44, or 22. So he either has a medium overpair or a set.

The lack of a 3-bet on the turn tells us he doesn't have a set.

I 3-bet this river for value. Pretty obvious this card is a scare card, only hand I'd be worried about here is KQdd, KJdd, and maybe even QJdd.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:07 AM

I'd lead the turn, his flop cap reeks of FD or monster, and you don't really want to give a free card or lose an extra bet to a monster. You're hardly ever good on the river.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd lead the turn, his flop cap reeks of FD or monster, and you don't really want to give a free card or lose an extra bet to a monster. You're hardly ever good on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-23-2007, 06:21 AM

I don't see how a b/f line in a 11.25 pot where the villain has kept showing aggression throughout the hand could ever be the correct line? He hasn't hit his straight, he wouldn't have capped the flop with a 6, so he probably has a set, overpair, two pair or top pair. Probably the set or two pair.

Anyway if you fold this river, what card would need to have come on the river to make you call his raise? If you would never have called it, just check or don't play that turn.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:27 AM

standard river fold.

turn play is standard against many opponents online (against most though I still think a turn lead is better). live play, probably always foolish as you'll see a check behind a lot on the turn.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I 3-bet this river for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

monster spew. you call a cap too? even worse if so.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:15 AM

Lead turn, check/call river.

Checking this turn is really bad. I almost think check raising is worse.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:17 AM

I'm not folding the nut overpair for one more bet on the river in a pot this big.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:25 AM

What do you put a 20/7 TAG on when he cold-calls? TT-AA he's usually 3 betting, 99 may cold call or 3 bet, lower PP's probably fold. Most likely broadway suited connectors other than AKs. The flop is most likely suited diamonds but could be 99. Turn doesn't change too much, 99 still possible if he thought you'd fold to a 3 bet and wanted to get another out of you on the river. River what could he possibly have beside 99 or a flush? Good fold IMO, not sure a check-call is not better, you see a showdown for the same price.