Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Old 11-27-2007, 08:29 PM

Default I flop the nuts (almost)

Amazing 40/80 game at the Borg. Multiway raised pots are the norm, usually 5-7 to the flop for at least 2 bets, but often 3. Ridiculous hands are winning showdowns. Heaven could only hope to be this nice.

5 players limp to me on the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I limp because all the cool kids are doing it. SB completes and the BB checks.

We all hold our breath to see a flop of:

T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Everyone checks to the player on my right who bets.

The players are all pretty loose, but not loose enough that a gutshot calls two cold on the flop unless some others call first. My image is probably pretty nitty since I've been cold-decked almost the entire session at this table, so if I raise, I'm sure it would get more folds than a usual raise, but that's not to say everyone would fold, because I'm sure that they could definitely find reasons to call regardless.

That said; my move?
Old 11-27-2007, 08:35 PM

Default Re: I flop the nuts (almost)

Call. Your best scenario would be that some toad in EP is plotting a c/r, and everyone cold-calls to you, and you 3-bet their ass to get value out of the big draw and perhaps get a free card on the turn. Raising kind of sucks because it blows away some of the field, it only cleans up 2 outs (bigger aces), and if you get check-raise-3-bet, you end up in a HU or 3-way pot paying the max as an underdog. I think the SSHE standard applies here for keeping your customers in when you're drawing. Change this so an early player leads into the field and everyone calls, then you've got a raise.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:00 PM

Call is all I see here. You gain tons of opportunity for EPs coming along for the ride for one bet that you may have lost for 2. Like PJ says if its C/R (or if the bet was from EP) and you have callers, raise away.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:31 PM

Call for all the reasons PJ cited. You don't want anyone to fold here. And your outs other than a straight are dubious. No point to raising here. An added bonus is that since you are the button, it give a smaller flush a chance to lead into you if it hits....no c/r necessary.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:49 PM

you are going to see the river %100 of the time-right?-right. So why not limp raise an EP CR, most of the time it will get you where you want to be for the cheapest price/most won
Old 11-27-2007, 10:50 PM

ez call
Old 11-28-2007, 03:13 PM

I think this is actually close. With 8 players seeing the flop the pot is already getting big which means it might be worthwile to raise to clear up some outs or giving our Ace a better chance to hold up if it hits on the turn against a smaller field. If this had been a raised pot and especially if the preflop raisor was on our left this would be even more applicable.

True, we may get check threebet which could shut out some potentiall customers but this could also happen if we just call and are check-raised.

I can't argue with just calling here though.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:21 PM

Easy call here, but 3-bet for sure if any early player decided to check raise.

-ActionBob
Old 11-29-2007, 02:39 AM

No raise with this on the button pre-flop to charge loose limpers twice as much? We have to have a solid equity advantage with so many in.

On the flop - since not a raised pot - call and then trap many for many bets if c/r ed.

Then river a spade and rake those chips.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:00 AM

nah, raising pf is neutral ev at best and probably -ev if i had to guess at it. loose limpers are limping better aces than ours a lot.