Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF

Old 11-28-2007, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Ask TheMetetron about living in or visiting Buenos Aires, Argentin

I got screwed by a landlord keeping my entire deposit. There was a little damage, but when I got the receipt back for what he used the money for, it said he painted the entire apartment. There is a process, I believe they call it 'drawing up papers'. I was on the fence about whether to do it to this guy or not. The deposit was only 600US and I was owed about 400 if I could guess, so the lawyer money + time was certainly -EV. Yet, being a poker player with about 10 hours of waking free time a day, I was really close to doing it, just to screw with this guy's life. Lucky for him, I moved to Brasil for a little bit.

I can't help you on explaining what exactly the process entails. But instead of making some snide remark about how big of an Argentine ex-pat noob you are, I suggest you try and make this landlord's life a little bit more complicated. That is if you have the money/time/spiteful revenge in you.

GL
Old 11-28-2007, 11:52 PM

I have a few lawyer friends that probably wouldn't be able to help you themselves as none of them work in this area but they might at least be able to point you in the right direction. Let me know if you are interested.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:42 PM

Like others, I just spent 2+ hours reading this entire thread and am now ready/wanting to move to BA. I've known that I've wanted to move around/travel for 6 months - 1 year at a time once the daughter is in college. That's 3 years away, but in the meantime, there is always summer time and I can take her with!

What are your thoughts about a single woman moving out there? Different from a 21 year old guy, ldo, but am older and very independent, street smart, etc. I would imagine that I would get along great with other 2 + 2'rs and I have always made friends easily.

Going to bytargentina.com now!!

T
Old 11-29-2007, 06:29 PM

Well, I did it. Thanks to all who put effort into this thread. I will be in BsAs 7/2-8/4, went through bytargentina.com and have requested a room with a Host Family. I noticed that almost all Host Families are actually women renting rooms to other women, so I feel safe and confident that I'll have a great month!

Airfare is only about 1K right now, seems a deal compared to the prices others have mentioned (leaving from Vegas). This is the time when my daughter goes to summer camp and visits aunts in Phoenix, so I'll have the month to myself.

Very excited about this, looking forward to it and will post/PM other 2 + 2'rs as the time draws nearer!

T
Old 11-29-2007, 09:07 PM

Miss T,

It will be interesting having the opinion of someone who isn't a male in their 20's in this thread. Good Luck!
Old 11-29-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Miss T,

It will be interesting having the opinion of someone who isn't a male in their 20's in this thread. Good Luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed though I'm sure you'll love it here.

Sucks that you will be coming in the winter, though. Hope it isn't bad like this year (bad for BsAs).
Old 11-30-2007, 12:15 PM

Yeah, I realized it would be winter time, but with a 15 year old daughter, it's the only way I can get away for any length of time, unless I wait until she's in college, lol.

I talked with her last night, and I've been wondering what I would do with myself once she's gone, so I decided that I would take 6 months to a year and live in different places throughout the world. Lord knows if I continue posting on 2 + 2, I'll always find people I know if every part of the world!

T