Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Wii: Zack and Wiki from Capcom

You may not have heard about Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure, the latest Wii game from Capcom, but it got a 9.0 from IGN and should be a fun point-and-click puzzler for those that are into those.

Think Day of Tentacle, Monkey Island, King's Quest, Myst...if you enjoy those type of games, then it is very likely you will enjoy Zack and Wiki

http://wii.ign.com/articles/829/829301p1.html

It's also only $40 instead of $50

Use this thread to discuss the game, the puzzles (spoilers in white, please), etc

Old 10-26-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Wii: Zack and Wiki from Capcom

This game is entertaining if you like puzzle style games (if not, go elsewhere).

I don't know how long it will take me to finish. So far a few of the boards have been challenging. I did cheat once, but I still finished the board in my retarded fashion (since I couldn't finish it the proper way). I didn't have any dolls because I didn't meet all the characters yet.

I don't like the fact that it doesn't tell you which boards you did 'perfectly (or unpuzzleable - sp?)' on the level summaries.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:43 PM

i might grab this when i go in to pick up guitar hero on monday
Old 10-27-2007, 02:52 AM

That is the highest score it got yes. Have you bought it Nicholasp27? What are your thoughts?
Old 10-27-2007, 04:40 AM

life is boring enuff. i'll pick it up.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:48 PM

I still think this is a solid game. I may have been better off renting it, but I'll just trade it to my friend for Zelda.

Duration - there are a few places where it's easy to get stuck for a while. I think that there were 4 or 5 places that had me really stumped for a long time. Missing a key item or location will do this to you. Once you figure out the missing part, you'll normally think it is pretty obvious.

None of the puzzles really came off as being too overly outlandish. There are some that you can make much harder on yourself, but overall I think the level designs were well done.

Do I recommend buying this game? If you are the type to play for an hour randomly on occassion (and like puzzle type games, use various objects to achieve tasks), I think this game is well worth the money. If you are one to play through a game until you beat it, just rent it. A couple solid days with random play in between will be sufficient. I don't rate this game as having a ton of replay credit except to people obsessed with doing everything perfectly/finding every possible item.