Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who's faster?
"Against Abortion? Don't have one!" 20 95.24%
"I'm a Child, not a Choice!" 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2006, 07:54 AM

Default on a scale of 1-10, how bad is this for a european full time player?

with 1 being not very, and 10 being very bad.

sorry if some find this unsensetive but ive just returned from a break to all of this and im trying to assess where i stand.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:25 AM

Default Re: on a scale of 1-10, how bad is this for a european full time player?

It's about minus 5 - it's good news for the average Euro player as sites like Party and Stars are going to have to fight like cats in a sack for non-US market share now.

Also the big MTT's etc will start running at Euro prime time (as the Euro-peak will become prime poker time if the US players leave).
Old 10-03-2006, 08:29 AM

Default Re: on a scale of 1-10, how bad is this for a european full time player?

I thinks it's pretty hard to answer (or predict), as I think it will depend on what games you play.

My guess is that for limit players this will be a total disaster, leaving only hard-core bonus-whoring euro-rocks playing, but for NL ring and tournaments I think it will have less of an effect overall due to their popularity in Europe.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2006, 08:58 AM

Default Re: on a scale of 1-10, how bad is this for a european full time playe

hmm ok guys, thanks for input.

for reference i play the 600NL 6 max games during UK office hours. things seem a little worse currently but its too early to say too much i suppose.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:10 PM

UK office hours would be 4am to noon EST? Not exactly US peak..
Old 10-03-2006, 02:41 PM

most scandinavians are better than the rest of europe on average, but continental and uk people are almost as fishy as the americans. one good thing about this is that europeans will probably get more respect now from the poker sites. no more nfl [censored] contests that no european cares about, no more stores that don't send their stuff to europe, more deposit methods like moneybookers that are used by europeans compared to all the current methods that are 80% american based and so on... i pay a lot more rake than most american players so i deserve some [censored] respect [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2006, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
most scandinavians are better than the rest of europe on average, but continental and uk people are almost as fishy as the americans. one good thing about this is that europeans will probably get more respect now from the poker sites. no more nfl [censored] contests that no european cares about, no more stores that don't send their stuff to europe, more deposit methods like moneybookers that are used by europeans compared to all the current methods that are 80% american based and so on... i pay a lot more rake than most american players so i deserve some [censored] respect [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

HEAR HEAR...
Old 10-03-2006, 04:43 PM

sorry I have made more money on the B2B network than anywhere - I don't buy the 'scandies are better line' - I would say that brits are more weak-tight though..

I think we will see some juicy bonuses as sites with spare cash but with their market share slashed start fighting for customers and what big MTT's are left move to euro-hours..
Old 10-03-2006, 02:49 PM

actually the short term (next 3 days) is looking remarkably good as quite a few players seem to be donking off the remains of their bankrolls.

Long term who knows - the loss of some US fish is likely to be offset by the loss of the US sharks - I for one will not be sorry to see some of the california style holdem-nofoldem lagtard players gone
Old 10-03-2006, 03:07 PM

When are Europeans their fishiest? Currently prime fishing seems to be between 23:00 to 1:00 EST, but I wondering what will become the new prime time?

I for one am going to miss Cali style no foldem LAGtards.