Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 07:16 AM

Default Been away for months, just checking standard hand....

As I said; I haven't played poker for about 2 months, and I'm just checking I played this the right way...

I know it's totally standard etc (I hope), but I'd just feel a lot more confident knowing that I'm playing individual hands correctly and that I haven't lost 'it'.

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG (t1790)
UTG+1 (t3170)
MP1 (t1490)
Hero (t2195)
MP3 (t1380)
CO (t805)
Button (t1470)
SB (t1480)
BB (t1410)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls t20, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t75</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, MP1 calls t55.

Flop: (t180) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t130</font>, MP1 calls t130.

Turn: (t440) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks.

(Didn't want to get CR'ed, well bet turn if checked to or call reasonably big bet)

River: (t440) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets t100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t400</font>

Seem like the most standard hand ever?
Old 09-18-2007, 08:02 AM

Default Re: Been away for months, just checking standard hand....

Preflop: good
Flop: good
Turn: I don't like your check here, as you are giving a free card to on a dangerous board. If you check and villain bets you have a much bigger problem, than if you bet and get raised.
River: The king is a bad card for you - I would just call the river.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:03 AM

if you plan to fold on a reraise, its ok. otherwise just call. villain will not call with too many hands that you beat.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:39 AM

Villain's range includes a few diamond draws and KQ, QJ, and mid pairs. So, I think checking the turn is fine because you don't really get much more value out of mid pairs but might get a little somethin' somethin' on the river. If he bets the turn, I don't see the big problem as you have position. If he fires again on the river, then you have a tough decision, but your decision is just as ugly if he CRs or if you calls on the turn / bets river.

On the river, meh, it's a tough spot with two pair. His calling range here is really KQ only. His raising range are slow played sets and made flushes. The size of his river bet smells like a scared KQ that may be tempted to call because he has two pair. Also, you underreped your hand, so I think that's enough to make this raise. But, it's very close and I tend to lean toward calling in these spots without reads (rightfully or wrongly).

Welcome back, btw, I enjoyed this post.

Barry
Old 09-18-2007, 12:26 PM

I would have bet the turn especially because the third suited cards was the Ace and that eliminates a lot of likely flush hands from Villains range
Old 09-18-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have bet the turn especially because the third suited cards was the Ace and that eliminates a lot of likely flush hands from Villains range

[/ QUOTE ]
dido good point.