Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 11:46 PM

Default Re: Preflop lalala

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think this is as much of a weak means strong tell as it is a "I have a 7 which I didn't think was good until now." tell.

Either way I'm checking behind on the turn. People on tilt with broken English scare me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes sometimes they can have something. However I feel that many people are also quite honest here with their speech and can have some random hand featuring an 8/9, a random overcard with a club, 22-55 or just a couple cards they want to see if they can make something on the turn to keep you honest with. I actually think it is a bit closer to a bet for this reason, but the possibility of spazzy tilt makes a check quite viable as well.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:52 PM

im liking a bet-fold significantly more than a check. i dont want someone to bet the river and say "just a 7" and have it be good. i also dont want someone with just a 7 and no club to get a free card when they wouldve thought and folded to my turn bet.

but there are opponents against whom i would check the turn and call a river bet. if i check the turn it's usually because im folding to a river bet.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bellagio 30/60

Decent player limps UTG, tilty fish limps next in, folded to me in MP and I have 6 6

[/ QUOTE ]

This is should be a FAQ in Micro or SS. Mid-High is busto. GL.