Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 01:00 AM

Default Re: Why is Vanessa Rousso always blabbing about game theory?

shes loves to hear herself talk
Old 07-22-2007, 08:20 PM

She gets her comeupance of sorts on this hand...go to pokertowatch.com, scroll under featured hands to the Vanessa Rousso v Bob Bright hand...
Old 07-23-2007, 10:37 AM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

[ QUOTE ]
good God - after reading that on game theory, I'm amazed that this girl doesnt play worse - talk about overthinking the room.

And jesus h. christ, its "pussy" and not "pussie" - whatever happened to public education in this country?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think they teach pussy in 8th grade.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, in that hand, how does Clownie not bet out or check raise the flop? How does Rousso call the turn bet after she was called on the flop, then bet into on the turn when the 5 made no draw and hit no draw? I won't even get to the river action because it is just so painful to even comprehend.

[/ QUOTE ]
Flat calling it on the flop with a player behind is fine at least sometimes, she DID bet out on the turn, and while the 5 didn't finish any draws, there are many cards that could hit the river that kill action for either/both of them, and the river, and how losing your pot-sized stack on a river "blank" is "too painful to even comprehend" is beyond me.

I don't think Clonie is a very good poker player, but her play here is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think her play there is terrible. Bottom two pair on a board that contains an ace and an obvious straight draw(or possible made straight) needs to take the pot down ASAP. Check raise the flop.

And on the river there, I'm probably check/calling. It'll induce some bluffs, and the all in is not getting called by a worse hand.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, in that hand, how does Clownie not bet out or check raise the flop? How does Rousso call the turn bet after she was called on the flop, then bet into on the turn when the 5 made no draw and hit no draw? I won't even get to the river action because it is just so painful to even comprehend.

[/ QUOTE ]
Flat calling it on the flop with a player behind is fine at least sometimes, she DID bet out on the turn, and while the 5 didn't finish any draws, there are many cards that could hit the river that kill action for either/both of them, and the river, and how losing your pot-sized stack on a river "blank" is "too painful to even comprehend" is beyond me.

I don't think Clonie is a very good poker player, but her play here is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably why I suck at cards and at life in general, but to me this entire hand was just played horribly by both. Rousso calling Nenad's preflop raise with a-4 offsuit? You either muck that or pop it, who flat calls a raise with that? It should have been painfully obvious to Rousso that when Nenad check, she bet, and Clownie called, Clownie had a hand like A-10, 10-10, J-10. What did she think, Clownie was cold-calling a flop bet with a player behind with a hand like J-Q? Of course when Nenad folded, Rousso could not have put him on an ace so it's extremely easy to put Clownie on an ace there, let alone two pair.
Clownie not check raising the flop is just AWFUL in my opinion. With a board like that, how do you give somebody a cheap turn card. Rousso could have easily called with an A-Q and you're giving here a cheap shot at broadway or two pair. If I was Clownie, I would have made a nice checkraise on the flop and then shoved the turn. Seriously, on the turn, what hand could Clownie have been holding that Rousso could beat there? Total donk call by Rousso here on the turn.
As for the river madness, I was basically thinking aloud when I wrote and not really referring to the bet/call. I was more embarrassed by how amateur the showdown was. Clownie was so nervous she basically calls her handout before a call was made and the chips go in, and Rousso for talking out loud like a jackhole about how she "thinks she has to call" as if anybody gives a you know what. That's what I was referring to but I understand if I confused you because I have a tendency to do that to people. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Also, the physical tells Clownie gave out are just scary. At first she's pissed about the blinds blah blah, flop comes down and she instantly shuts up and gets focused. Way to play nothing but the cards there Rousso and miss one of the most classic tells of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

89, 9Q, JQ, JK, TQ, TK.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:37 AM

the only reason anyone even cares at all about what she has to say is because she is a (semi) pretty girl who plays poker. she appears to not even be that great at poker, yet she is always on TV.

sex sells
Old 07-25-2007, 02:03 PM

There are a lot of Vanessa Rousso clips on Pokertowatch.com - and an interview! She loses all her money to Bob bright in one - hysterical!
Old 08-01-2007, 03:38 PM

On Pokertowatch.com there are new clips for the August 1st tab.

Watch the video titled "Action Dan Harrington Answers Viewer mail"

It's Dan, Vanessa, and Clownie Gowen and Clownie disagrees with EVERYTHING Vanessa says, and tries to make her look dumb.

It's funny.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:53 PM

she has a nice rack
Old 08-01-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On Pokertowatch.com there are new clips for the August 1st tab.

Watch the video titled "Action Dan Harrington Answers Viewer mail"

It's Dan, Vanessa, and Clownie Gowen and Clownie disagrees with EVERYTHING Vanessa says, and tries to make her look dumb.

It's funny.

[/ QUOTE ]
Clownie clearly HATES Vanessa for being young and dating Chad Brown.