Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Incident at Wynn

[ QUOTE ]
exactly the sort of situation the personality disordered like to create. I don't believe they do it deliberately, it's just in their nature, but it's a big part of why they feel the world is out to get them, because they put themselves in situations where they're always "wronged" in some way, or set up arguments that bait someone else who has no chance of getting out alive. These situations naturally tend to unfold in such a way as to irritate the aggressor, thereby reinforcing the world view that everybody sucks and deserves abuse. Repeat cycle until death. The poker room is full of such people, and it's very sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT - These are very sick individuals and they literally live to be "offended". Nothing you can do or say will ever make them happy once they've been "offended".

Great post and analysis Pfap.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:24 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For all the crap dealers put up with, getting dick hurt because somebody didn't say thank you seems demented.

That said, also seems like a bad spot for the dealer to make a stand. Just move on and realize that this is the cost of working in this horrible environment.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is you can't move on. Players like this won't let you move on. No matter what you say you will be wrong and the Player will not let it go. if you don't say anything you will be wrong and the player won't let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the person is leaving and you continue arguing, you certainly had a chance to move on.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:12 PM

Dealers can be jerks for sure, but all in all they by far take the worst of it.

There's a poker dealer at the Bellagio who reminds me of Pat, the old SNL character who you couldn't tell was a man or woman. This guy looked gay, yet had a ring on.

I was frustrated at being card dead yet again for hours and folded by quickly throwing my cards face down towards the center of the table. They end up in the dealers chip rack. "Pat" throws me a look that would kill. I apologize and say "It was an accident. I don't throw cards at dealers." He says nothing.

A few minutes later he's still got a pissy face on when he's looking at me. I say "I said it was na accident. What's your problem?" He says "Just forget it okay."

He could've done a way better job of handling it. But sometimes the other guy's got a tough job, he acts like a d*ck and I give him a pass. It's not worth making a scene over.

P.S. - I mention the Pat part because seriously, who knows, maybe it's part of his attitude problem.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:16 PM

sorta o/t but dealers not saying thank you or tapping the chip before dropping it in the box is sort of a pet peeve of mine, I definitely notice when this doesn't happen and usually don't tip the next time I win a pot if they are consistently not saying thanks during their down.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:31 PM

I was wondering why they tap the chip before dropping it? Is it just a way of acknowleding the tip?
Old 06-06-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering why they tap the chip before dropping it? Is it just a way of acknowleding the tip?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, and also for the cameras.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sorta o/t but dealers not saying thank you or tapping the chip before dropping it in the box is sort of a pet peeve of mine, I definitely notice when this doesn't happen and usually don't tip the next time I win a pot if they are consistently not saying thanks during their down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty much exactly the same. I really don't need to hear a thank you. A simple tap of the chip, or a hand pat or even simple eye contact, any sort of acknowledgement is good enough for me. There are a couple dealers at the HG that will just swipe it into their tray w/o anything. I give them the benefit of the doubt the 1st pot I win, then when they just take the chip w/o any ackowledgment, I just don't tip the rest of their down.

Also the player in this situation is such a jerk off geeez.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:42 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

scipio,

It wasn't gates.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:49 PM

goof,

As Clark and others have pointed out, this is a simple situation for a dealer to defuse, but instead he chose to escalate. Bad choice.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:18 PM

$10 says the nit in question is actually goofball himself.