Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2007, 03:36 PM

Default What happens if you reverse charges on your CC?

I deposited at FTP without clicking opt-in on the bonus, and they won't release it to my account now. I emailed them and they won't issue me the bonus, which I'm not happy with.

I've asked them to just charge back to my card, but they haven't responded, yet.

I'm thinking of reversing charges on the credit card should they refuse.

I have standard RB there, and I'd like to use that site as the site that I start doing my serious poker education on once i decide to drop to 3 tables at a time. This would be in about a month.

FWIW I also have some RB payable to me there and they'll pay me around the 15th I think. For IRL reasons, I don't really want to tie up this money online unless I'm getting well compensated for doing so. But I'd also like to

So, here are my questions (assume that i can get my affilliate to pay me directly to neteller for the purposes of discussion, and that I will wait til I'm paid by them to reverse charges):

1) What will the practical effects be on my future relationship with FTP, should I reverse the charges?

2) What will the effects be on my credit rating, should I reverse the charges?

**FWIW, my credit card has a policy of not allowing online gaming purchases. They're probably unaware that FTP is processing payments from their cards, I'd imagine. While I'm not intending to mention this to the company (as it would hurt me in general), I've mentioned to FTP that I might.**
Old 04-09-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: What happens if you reverse charges on your CC?

Full Tilt is being stupid and unreasonable here. They're basically saying, 'sorry you didn't opt in to the bonus, now please opt in and deposit again so we can pay more fees'

Why can't you just withdraw the money and deposit again?
Old 04-09-2007, 04:07 PM

Your account and any remaining funds will be frozen at FT for 'fraud'. They will likely then sell your debt to a collection agency who will bang up your credit if you don't repay them.

Charge backs screw everybody over.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt is being stupid and unreasonable here. They're basically saying, 'sorry you didn't opt in to the bonus, now please opt in and deposit again so we can pay more fees'

Why can't you just withdraw the money and deposit again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, they're not: the bonus period has expired, and they're being huge douches.

I wanted to deposit twice (600/day on CC's, so I would do 600 and 400 the next day for the entire bonus). They said that they would only credit the first bonus in general, and that this time I was just SOL, since I've already deposited, and the bonus is only eligible for the first deposit in that time period... if you don't take it you're screwwed.

edit: By the way, cool that you're a mod, although I miss the av!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your account and any remaining funds will be frozen at FT for 'fraud'. They will likely then sell your debt to a collection agency who will bang up your credit if you don't repay them.

Charge backs screw everybody over.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that you can fight people that try to screw up your credit.

Furthermore, if I haven't gambled any of the chips in question (I haven't sat at a table since making the deposit) I think I could genuinely say that I bought the chips under false pretenses and I'm returning them.

Finally, I'm on life-tilt right now, and I'm seriously thinking about reporting to my bank about FTP charging the CCs against their policies. This would seriously hurt FTP. I don't want to do it, but they're upsetting me fiercely.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:15 PM

You had two questions:
1) What will the practical effects be on my future relationship with FTP, should I reverse the charges?

2) What will the effects be on my credit rating, should I reverse the charges?

The answer to 1) is there will be no future relationship, FTP will lock your account, seize any money it can, and refuse to have anything to do with you ever again on the basis of fraud.
The answer to 2) is they will do anything they can to hurt your credit.

Now, you might not like these answers. You might feel you have valid reasons for not liking them (Although, from what I understand, your deposit twice deal for a bonus does not work at any site ever) but that is beside the point. The above answers are the way it is. You can wail and whine and cry at the moon, it still doesn't change that the above is the reality of the situation.

I won't even go into what dropping down to 3 tables to have serious poker education means, or any of your other nonsense.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:53 PM

FTP Will close your account forever, I can guarantee that.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:03 PM

Just play there with no bonus.

There will be bonuses again in the future at FullTilt.

Why burn bridges by doing a chargeback?
Old 04-09-2007, 08:52 PM

To OP:

Doing a charge back would ban you for life from FTP. Doing a charge back might also make your bank stop you from EVER using your credit card for any kind of deposits to ANY gambling sites ever again. Not worth it. Move on.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:58 PM

Um ask them to credit the money and close your account. Then move on to another site.

Don't charge back. Thats just wrong. If they refuse to credit the money back it's another story though.