Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2006, 05:23 PM

Default Peacocking Theory in action

Peacocking is the theory that the way you dress should make you stand out. In short, you dress as loud, bright, flashy and/or differently as possible. Women see you and come talk to you, or you approach them and are deemed immediately interesting and fun because of the way you dress, and aren't wearing a t-shirt/jeans or polo/chinos like 90% of the guys out there. I am not a PUA, more a rAFC, but peacocking is ultra-simple and extremely effective.

My friends and I will occasionally wear outfits like this out in Manhattan clubs:

this photo was taken on Halloween, we crashed a lingerie party by one of the modeling agencies in town and all the girls were dying to have their photos taken with us,
but we will wear this stuff out to clubs 5-6 times during fall and winter on a regular Sat nite, some HBs literally ditch their guy/girl friends and come right up to us, buy us a drink or give us their number, etc. They see a guy walk past them in a leopard-print coat, vinyl pants,
cowboy hat, fake dreds, mardi gras beads+ sunglasses and they can't help but be intrigued.
If we have someone photo all of us with our camera instead of theirs [the SHBs] then we get their phone number/email right then to send it to them. Easy, right?
Or they want our phone numbers so they can give us copies the following week, etc.

After about 20 minutes of talk with some HBs who qualify, we'll often tell them we are going to another bar/club down the street and they should meet us there. This works surprisingly often. Or they give us their phone number and we go to another part of the club and do it again. By peacocking, my success rate at getting phone numbers/closing over the years has gone up 3-5x, getting SHB phone #/dates up more, and having girls ask for my number or leave with me/isolating up even more.
Sometimes, just walking down the street into the club we get stopped by girls who suddenly decide they want to go drinking with us.
This technique works anywhere, certainly any big city. I've done it all up and down the East Coast from Boston to Miami, Houston, Vegas, etc. We did this in AC this weekend for a change and ended up getting one of the hottest bartenders to go drinking with us after her shift,[used Jealous Girlfriend opener, she loved it] we also picked up and left with a HB8.5-9 off-duty stripper with an incredible body as well, and got dozens of numbers from HBs.

Also, I think this is a great starter for guys that are comfortable talking to women they've met, but too shy to go up to one and start a real routine. If you physically put on a 'costume' you can increase both your comfort level and ability to talk to anyone you don't know in the club. Clubs in NYC can have 300-1000 girls or more partying and drinking, even if 20% of them think your outfit is silly, the other 80% will love it either as a great laugh, or for the way you stand out from the [literal] crowd of men there.

You are showing, not telling, them how interesting and different you are from all the boring men who ask all the same dumb questions - Where are you from? Where do you work? What school? Make sure you ignore/have funny answers when they ask you the same old questions - I say, out West, rodeo clown, HS dropout and they think it's hilarious for whatever reason. Try different things until you find what works for you, most importantly.

Naj

ps and don't let them wear the gear when they ask, some of them will run off/leave/drunkenly wander away with it, although putting your hat on them [so they don't leave] if you have to excuse yourself for a minute is a classic move.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Peacocking Theory in action

hahahahahahahahhaa
Old 11-07-2006, 05:39 PM

i'm feeling like a rule in OOT should be anyone using lame PUA terminology in a post should be punched in the dick or something along those lines
Old 11-07-2006, 05:41 PM

ND - so basically, unless we look like Papa Shango, we have no chance.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:42 PM

HB? "PUA, more a rAFC"? wtf u saying mang.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm feeling like a rule in OOT should be anyone using lame PUA terminology in a post should be punched in the dick or something along those lines

[/ QUOTE ]

who would be left to make fun of tho?

Personally im kinda glad for all these lame douchebags....makes scoring with chicks easier when your whole selling point is simply you are a decent guy with substance, cuz they keep seeing the same old tired ruitine like OPs over and over...so being normal is the "Fresh and different" thing all these lame asses are trying to accomplish.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:48 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

F U to Sam for beating me to the punch with the WWF joke.

OP, must suck to have no social skills, peacock away douchey, peacock away.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:51 PM

I like it...you're being different without being a douchebag like the PUAs...of course, I'd probably do it too if I had abs like that! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

When I lived in L.A. my buddy and I would go to places like The Standard and various clubs/lounges and start talking to girls...when they invariably asked us what we did for a living (expecting writer/producer/actor/musician, etc.) we'd go into a schtick about being garbage men who were really into our jobs and Waste Disposal Theory and all sorts of silly stuff. This always intrigued the girls a lot more than the normal stuff.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:56 PM

Dom,

"This always intrigued the girls a lot more than the normal stuff."

It didn't intrigue them, they just thought it was sorta funny. No non-retarded chick actually ever believes you are a garbageman or plumber or whatever when you use lines like that.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dom,

"This always intrigued the girls a lot more than the normal stuff."

It didn't intrigue them, they just thought it was sorta funny. No non-retarded chick actually ever believes you are a garbageman or plumber or whatever when you use lines like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said they believed it EL D, only that it intrigued them. But thanks, your concern over my well-being is always appreciated.