Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2007, 11:25 PM

Default Re: 50NL AK hits top pair - funky reraise from villain on river

I think the flop bet is fine, its around my normal cbet of 1/2 to 2/3rd pot and its really tough for him to fold a weak king there - really I just want to vbet the whole way.

Again I think $7 on the turn scares him away or forces him to choose push/fold.

We're still betting for value here so again our bet sizing could be a second barrel from the PFR w/ AQ /AJ and I think he has to call a lot of tens/kings here as I probably do double barrel a wide range ( he's seen me do it with eg 9's on a similar board ).

I'm not sure about pf - I did raise it to 8bb, no limpers just the CO raise that is probably a weaker hand.

Is 9bb preflop there really going to avoid this river situation?
I suppose it does let me bet a little more on the flop/turn in relation to pot size but I don't think it forces this guy out for an extra ~$1-2 over the pre-river streets, nor do we necessarily want him out. We want him to call down with a worse hand here. We just need to be able to get away if he draws out.

I definately agree that his river reraise range is not a bluffraise very often he's not bluffing with a worse hand more than 20% of the time so its a clear fold.

I did suck it up and call on the end and he turned over Ks Js.

I think I really failed to take into account his river bluffraise % and donked off there - it should have been a fold although it is a tough one to make.