Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 07:19 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?
Default Blimey

Bellagio 30/60, I've been in the game perhaps 15 minutes. Villain is a young white guy. We've played two hands, first I raised preflop he check-called a J52 flop with 64, donked a 4 turn and bet the river, I called him down with A high (at showdown he thought he was bluffing). The other hand he raised a limper, SB called and I called in the BB with 64s. flop Q96 one of my suit, checked to him he bet, SB called, I called limper folded. Turn A checked around, river Q checked around, I showed, he showed 62o and we chopped.

To the hand.

He opened in the HJ, SB folded, I called in the BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I did think about 3betting but I'm already getting the feeling we're going to be playing showdown poker more often than not. If I 3bet I could certainly be talking myself into firing barrells into small pair/A high. On the other hand 3betting should let me mostly win on AJJ flops when he has 75s or whatever.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check, he bets, I call.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I check, he bets, I raise, he calls quickly.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I check, he bets, I call.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Blimey

Nice hand. I could argue for a flop c/r given that he's showing down anyway, but if you're positive he bets all turns, then you can get more value with the turn c/r.

Bad river, but check-call is the optimal play there.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Blimey

agree with joker. I prefer a flop c/r but I can't argue w/C/r'ing the turn. River is an easy cc given the description.