Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A player is cheated if his opponent ever calls the clock on him when the opponent has the nuts
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2007, 10:23 PM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

Phew...big win.
Somebody buy the VS crew Isles sweaters plz.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:32 PM

Ugh,

a bit disapointed in a lot of sabres. It seems Connolly is back, but he keeps trying to make these very difficult 1 on 3 moves. Just pass the puck pls. Also, some horrible defensive coverage by a few lines. So far i think the Briere line has been non existant (barring the 5 on 3). vanek/afinogenov/roy line also looked pretty bad.

On the bright side, i was impressed with Zubrus's play though. He's been very unselfish w/ the puck and playing the body well.

Hopefully teh sabres put in a better effort in game 4 and can wrap it up in 5

stealthcow-
Old 04-16-2007, 10:38 PM

Leave it to the POS Isles fans to throw stuff all over the ice.

P.S. Howie Rose and his sidekick are terrible.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:38 PM

Yeah I'm not sure what's going on here. Need to tighten up in pretty much every area...
On the plus side it looks like we'll avoid Ottowa as it looks like either the Lightning or Rangers will advance.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:14 PM

I thought the third period was amazing, held the Isles to two shots protecting a one goal lead on the road. The Isles play very hard, you have to give them credit, it's not easy to play against a team that just doesn't stop. I think most fans(not you guys) are being far too overcritical at this point.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought the third period was amazing, held the Isles to two shots protecting a one goal lead on the road. The Isles play very hard, you have to give them credit, it's not easy to play against a team that just doesn't stop. I think most fans(not you guys) are being far too overcritical at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I always felt pretty good about winning the series; but it's cup or bust and it would've been nice to take care of business at home vs. the supposed worst team in the playoffs...
Granted eventual cup winners have those bumps in the road pretty frequently, but remember we're the fan-base that panicked after having a series lead cut to 3-1 after Game 4 vs. Ottowa last yr. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2007, 12:49 AM

Disappointing game for Preds fans. Nashville just didn't seem to have much energy. Too many penalties, and San Jose did a good job of stifling Nashville's offense. Radulov being out (and rightfully so), which meant more minutes for Tootoo, really brings this team down, IMO. I hope they can bounce back next game.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh,

a bit disapointed in a lot of sabres. It seems Connolly is back, but he keeps trying to make these very difficult 1 on 3 moves. Just pass the puck pls. Also, some horrible defensive coverage by a few lines. So far i think the Briere line has been non existant (barring the 5 on 3). vanek/afinogenov/roy line also looked pretty bad.

On the bright side, i was impressed with Zubrus's play though. He's been very unselfish w/ the puck and playing the body well.

Hopefully teh sabres put in a better effort in game 4 and can wrap it up in 5

stealthcow-

[/ QUOTE ]

Briere line has been playin horrible...just know consistentsy or urgency in there play...

...Zubris has been the best Sabre when on the ice recently

...Connolly is trying to do way too much with the puck, he just got back from a year off and he thinks he has been there the whole time, he needs to play it safe...

...good 3rd period..that how they should be playing the whole time
Old 04-17-2007, 02:55 AM

[censored]! I watched the first period and then had to go... but I was recording the game on VS and not FSN. VS was blacked out, so missed the final 2 periods.

Anyone know where the center ice forums moved to? DonkeyKongSr, can you ask some of your buddies on HFBoards? I have an account, but don't know where they moved.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:32 AM

Default Brodeur looks human

So far in the Devils-Lightning series, the Lightnings "stars" have out performed the Devils "stars".

Lecavalier has played very well and has outworked and outmuscled the Devils.

Brodeur allowed a few soft goals, and Hedberg has played good enough to win.

The Devils forwards cannot get anything going. I went to the game Saturday and it appeared the team did not have any energy.

Good thing Lou fired the coach. I think ultimately the firing of Julien will backfire.

I do not think the Devils will win this series.