Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 01:06 PM

Default Re: The US needs to die.

OP, in regards to your thread topic, so should you. Your ignorance is amusing.

At least you're getting a couple of weeks advance to pull out and find new sourcing for your funds. Americans had no such warning. A lot of people on this site had a lot of money snaked out from under their feet. Consider yourself lucky.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:16 PM

I just cannot see Canada passing any anti gambling legislation, especially with a majority government.
Also, Stephen Harper is a libertarian so I do not see anything in Canada's legislation that makes these companies hesitant to operate in Canada. I just do not understand why, other than the companies themselves are retarded or the US government is being retarded and these companies are also being retarded and following their instructions.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:18 PM

If the proposterous UIGEA hadn't been snuck in and if the DoJ hann't gone after Neteller, we'd all be enjoying our online poker.

How dare this government tell us what we can and can't do on the Internet?

Well, at least 23 million people are seriously pissed off and that's a start.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:30 PM

I'll go ahead and pass that on to the higher ups.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:40 PM

Will these fascict nazis ever stop? I fear not. Thanks for saying what we've all been thinking..
Old 03-26-2007, 01:47 PM

Calling for the death of the US over its online poker stance is just a little bit extreme dont you think?

Also, adanthar is basically right, no one at the FBI or DOJ is even gonna remotely think of including a 'get out Canada' clause in whatever agreement they are fashioning with neteller. There is no benefit to them for doing so. Its like telling the owner of the Bulldog to stop selling pot in those Amsterdam coffeeshops.

But, as another poster noted, pressuring the Canadian government is another story and has probably already ocurred.

Skallagrim
Old 03-26-2007, 01:55 PM

When you look at the USA government, you are looking at the USA people.
It's a reflection.
If you don't like the government, you don't like the people; at least the pervading majority.

Since Americans elect the officials freely, and vote on some issues, it is close to being a government of the americans(usa), by the americans(usa).

Can you explain why you believe USA forced Neteller to stop servicing Canada?
Old 03-26-2007, 02:00 PM

you should write a letter to mr. bush, it would almost be as effective as this post!!
Old 03-26-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whatever your fascist government wants to do within your own borders, go ahead. But stop fking forcing foreign companies from operating in foreign countries. It's none of your gd business. Neteller's exit from Canada was clearly forced upon them by the American DoJ as part of the settlement in the US.

What a joke of a country.

(I like Americans, but your government is a complete disgrace)

[/ QUOTE ]

Your invoking of "fascism" because the US Government is requiring that financial institutions disallow money transfer to internet gambling operations reflects poorly on you.

Roll-call votes of democratically elected representatives for similar bills show solid support for such gaming laws. This is something I wholeheartedly disagree with, but this is not a "fascist" government.

People who call Canada "communist" for their health care apparatus are also wrong. So for this level of debate, take it to another forum. Or rent the South Park movie.

The Canadian government has announced plans on taxing Canadian Royalty Trusts, immediately reducing the value of these stocks SIGNIFICANTLY. This has already hurt many persons in Canada especially the elderly, and those of us in the USA who have holdings. This action is being driven by your Finance minister, and from my vantage point is NOT the will of the people by a wide margin. Is your "fascism" rhetoric going to apply to your own country now? Or does your government's money grab from these trusts not matter to you?
Old 03-26-2007, 02:21 PM

I was going to start a revolution.

But then the March Madness college basketball tournament began and I got distracted.

Maybe next year.
Closed Thread