Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 11:40 AM

Default Re: 400nl: line check

[ QUOTE ]
A small PP doesn't want to "pick up the pot" here because its a clear WA/WB situation. All worse hands fold and better hands call, and since villain usually has overs when behind his equity is only about 15% and that's not enough to try to protect with any reasonable bet. Instead, he can check through and hope to induce a bluff on the river for the same cost but with much higher equity.

[/ QUOTE ]
cool, that's how I'd play a small pp IP in a limit game, I guess no limit aint all that different

<font color="red"> could other posters include if they agree with this point plz? it's a situation I find myself often in
</font>
but when we look at it from hero's perspective again, wouldn't you think that leading the turn would fold out most small pp's, whereas checking turn and betting river would give us at least 1 more street of value?

I had been playing kinda tight myself as well and I didn't think I would get called by a worse hand if I fired turn again, but most likely would get called for a single river bet
Old 09-07-2007, 12:10 PM

Board is dry enough that nearly all PP's are autocalling the turn in the hopes you're pulling a double barrel. Even if he decides to fold to a final river push, you guarantee a turn call. Checking through the turn lets a lot of scare cards hit that could convince him to fold to a river bet.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:01 PM

hm... lets say u r villain in this hand and u have 88 or 99 ... are u really checking behind here? against straight forward villains i will bet this turn with 88,99 most of the time, and cb if villain is tricky. is that a really a bad play?
Old 09-07-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hm... lets say u r villain in this hand and u have 88 or 99 ... are u really checking behind here? against straight forward villains i will bet this turn with 88,99 most of the time, and cb if villain is tricky. is that a really a bad play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, you have showdown value, but you still don't wanna get in a big pot. Unless we know hero would get in a huge pot with like 66, he's not gonna be putting a lot of money in with hands that you're beating, so you check and call a river bet.