Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How would you characterize your vote?
I voted for Democrats 9 31.03%
I voted against Republicans 20 68.97%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Personal / dating / whatever life situation general advice thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
quids,

"Party at my place tommorow, bring your own shoelaces"

That is gold. I will be using that for my next party or happy hour mass text!

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get it [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

me neither [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2007, 09:15 PM

ike,

You are too highbrow for that sort of silliness.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:17 PM

dammit, the shoelaces bit would have been great.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
quids,

"Party at my place tommorow, bring your own shoelaces"

That is gold. I will be using that for my next party or happy hour mass text!

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get it [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

me neither [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing to get. It's just random and silly. It lets the girl know you are funny, spontaneous and confident. Confident enough to joke around with a situation that is often a little tense, that is.

Explained another way, some dudes are going to be awkward when asking a girl to a party. Girls know this. They may even brace themselves for awkwardness when they see an email/text from a guy they know. Or they are nervous-excited because they like the guy sending this message. So when they read it, that nervous excitement will turn into joyous relief. Relief because it's not weird. Joyous because they like the guy and he's showing lots of confidence.

I'm going to use it too!
Old 10-12-2007, 09:30 PM

What if her shoes are velcro strapped?

Do you think she will decide not to come to the party because she will feel like an outcast?
Old 10-12-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What if her shoes are velcro strapped?

Do you think she will decide not to come to the party because she will feel like an outcast?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, thats the thing, if she goes to target, buys a pair of shoelaces, and brings them when you ask her, its safe to say she is marriage materiel

On the flip side, Im assuming heels, as Id never marry a chick that wears velcros to a party.

and for you guys who just want to get laid, the drunker you get, the more you can say "how hilarious it is that she did that etc etc", and its like some kind of bond.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:18 PM

Ok here goes.

I have lived with and half supported my brother for the last 5 years. The other half of his support comes from my parents. He works a very low paying clerk job and spends all of that money on himself. He is not retarded or non-functioning in any physical manner, he is just a lazy ass.

He started dating a female that was less than desirable in the view of my family and myself. He lied about even initially dating her. Since he was on our dime, he was asked to stop the relationship, or man up get a job, and start paying his own way. He claims to have broken it off. In reality he does not, he tells elaborate lies to cover it up. All the while he uses us to pay for all his fun and games with her. He lies to us dead in our faces about it all.

Naturally these lies catch up with him. Once again posed with the decision to break it off or no longer be on the family supported gravy train, he says he breaks it off.

2 weeks later she says she is pregnant, he now claims he loves her and is going to marry her.

This is very abridged version of the story, but I am trying to make it short to get some serious answers and not get TLDR'ed.

He is now asking me to be his best man and to possibly be the godfather of his child.

Accept or Pass?

Please give me your insight on why.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:33 PM

R,

"He is now asking me to be his best man and to possibly be the godfather of his child.

Accept or Pass?"

Default answer is Accept, because he's your brother.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok here goes.

I have lived with and half supported my brother for the last 5 years. The other half of his support comes from my parents. He works a very low paying clerk job and spends all of that money on himself. He is not retarded or non-functioning in any physical manner, he is just a lazy ass.

He started dating a female that was less than desirable in the view of my family and myself. He lied about even initially dating her. Since he was on our dime, he was asked to stop the relationship, or man up get a job, and start paying his own way. He claims to have broken it off. In reality he does not, he tells elaborate lies to cover it up. All the while he uses us to pay for all his fun and games with her. He lies to us dead in our faces about it all.

Naturally these lies catch up with him. Once again posed with the decision to break it off or no longer be on the family supported gravy train, he says he breaks it off.

2 weeks later she says she is pregnant, he now claims he loves her and is going to marry her.

This is very abridged version of the story, but I am trying to make it short to get some serious answers and not get TLDR'ed.

He is now asking me to be his best man and to possibly be the godfather of his child.

Accept or Pass?

Please give me your insight on why.

[/ QUOTE ]
Accept because you don't want to embarrass your brother in front of his girl. And I would accept the Godfather role because it's not the kid's fault he got shietty parents. The kid deserves better.

But after the wedding, I would tell the couple to go [censored] themselves [pun not intended] and start working. If they ever ask money for the kid, then make sure you go out and buy the stuffs yourself.

FWIW, your parents and to a certain extend, you are responsible for your brother's current state. If you guys didn't keep supporting him, perhaps he would have develop some work ethic. You'll be amazed how hard one works if he doesn't have anything to eat.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gobbomom,

"Party at my place tomorrow 9pm. Be there or be square!"

"Party at my place tomorrow 9pm. Hope you can make it."

Mine is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

El diablo's is better. guids has spoken.

Party at my place tommorow, bring your own shoelaces

is my reccomendation

[/ QUOTE ]

Pure gold. Definately going to have to steal that one from you.

As far as where to meet chicks, whoever mentioned enrolling for classes at the local community college is absolutely right. I'm taking 3 classes at the local community college this semester and there are 4-5 cute girls in each class. It's easy to interact with them because the groups are small, and most classes are going to do something that involves the students working together.

Another piece of advice I can offer is to try to identify potential date possibilities as quickly as possible. On the first day of class, most people are going to make an attempt to be early or on time. Try to walk in the room a few minutes before class to find a seat next to one of your potential dates. From here you need to try to find out as much about them as possible in the shortest amount of time. If you have any social skills at all you should be able to quickly get their names, major, interest in the class, and get a general feel for what they're working with.

Most college girls don't have a problem talking with perfect strangers on the first day of class, so its the perfect opportunity to make a great first impression. If you establish any kind of repore with a chick it will be easy to ask her to be partners with you when the group projects come up.
Closed Thread