Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How would you characterize your vote?
I voted for Democrats 9 31.03%
I voted against Republicans 20 68.97%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Personal / dating / whatever life situation general advice thread

Here are two things I did to force myself to talk to random attractive girls.

1. I only approach attractive girls. So if I get rejected [high probability], it doesn't hurt my ego because she's pretty and she has probably rejected many many guys before you. Also, can you imagine if a butterface thinks she's too good for you? Ouch.

2. Who cares if you get rejected? Sure, it might be a bit embarrassing but getting rejected probably means the probability of you getting the next hot girl is higher. I mean, you can't get rejected 100 consecutive times right? Ok, you can but the 101st chick will dig you.

Once you have this mentality, you won't sound weird/desperate and can actually make a joke and don't think them as goddesses because they have nice bodies and big breasts. Then they might let you play with them.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:24 PM

I don't recommend using those frames of mind when trying to approach girls :P

The first one definitely sets yourself up to expect failure, and the second one as we all know is just terrible logic [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The first one definitely sets yourself up to expect failure, and the second one as we all know is just terrible logic [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
The idea is to built this virtual confidence so you can approach as many women as possible to overcome your "approaching anxiety." And as you talk to more and more random attractive ladies, you won't care as much when you talk to less attractive ladies around your environment.

For example, if I have [censored] Spears/Jolie/Alba already, you don't think I will have an aura shining behind me? Especially in today's society, where your current gf judges the quality of your ex gf by how attractive she is. You think girls give a damn how smart the other girl is when they start evaluating each other? Ok, they might. But that's after telling you how attractive/unattractive the other girl is.

And lastly, the 100 girls probability thing is not to be taken literally. If it is taken literally, it basically means I have lost 100 flips already. My probability for winning the next flip is higher than 50/50 right?
Old 10-17-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The idea is to built this virtual confidence so you can approach as many women as possible to overcome your "approaching anxiety." And as you talk to more and more random attractive ladies, you won't care as much when you talk to less attractive ladies around your environment.

For example, if I have [censored] Spears/Jolie/Alba already, you don't think I will have an aura shining behind me? Especially in today's society, where your current gf judges the quality of your ex gf by how attractive she is. You think girls give a damn how smart the other girl is when they start evaluating each other? Ok, they might. But that's after telling you how attractive/unattractive the other girl is.

And lastly, the 100 girls probability thing is not to be taken literally. If it is taken literally, it basically means I have lost 100 flips already. My probability for winning the next flip is higher than 50/50 right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the reasons why you think those are good. Anything that gets you approaching is good. And yes, becoming comfortable with hot girls will help you in alot of ways. But there are better mindsets than "I'll approach hot girls because when I get rejected, I won't feel so bad". For instance..."I'll approach hot girls because I go after what I want". And while it may seem like the outcomes would be the same (approaching hot girls)...frame of mind is absolutely everything.

And as for your last point about the flips, I dunno if you're leveling or not but uh...well, yea, it's not so accurate.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the reasons why you think those are good. Anything that gets you approaching is good. And yes, becoming comfortable with hot girls will help you in alot of ways. But there are better mindsets than "I'll approach hot girls because when I get rejected, I won't feel so bad". For instance..."I'll approach hot girls because I go after what I want". And while it may seem like the outcomes would be the same (approaching hot girls)...frame of mind is absolutely everything.

And as for your last point about the flips, I dunno if you're leveling or not but uh...well, yea, it's not so accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm giving advices to guys who like to give "small hints" or use facebook to ask a girl he knows in real life to come over. Obviously, it would be stupid for you to have the mindset of "I'll approach a hot girl and it's ok if I fail" if you have a decent game.

As for the flips, I think we're trapped in a level situation so I'll try to clear it up. Next flip is 50/50 no matter how many flips you have lost before.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. I only approach attractive girls. So if I get rejected [high probability], it doesn't hurt my ego because she's pretty and she has probably rejected many many guys before you. Also, can you imagine if a butterface thinks she's too good for you? Ouch.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'm giving advices to guys who like to give "small hints" or use facebook to ask a girl he knows in real life to come over. Obviously, it would be stupid for you to have the mindset of "I'll approach a hot girl and it's ok if I fail" if you have a decent game.

[/ QUOTE ]

These two statements of yours don't really add up, but I don't particularly want to turn this into a back and forth situation.

I'm just trying to point out the frame is everything, and having any sort of limiting beliefs will ruin you before you start. I'd rather get back to talking about chair and his woman problems honestly ;o
Old 10-17-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gobbomom,

"Party at my place tomorrow 9pm. Be there or be square!"

"Party at my place tomorrow 9pm. Hope you can make it."

Mine is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Hope you can make it" is too passive and gives them an "out". "Be there or be square", albeit corny, it's aggressive and bit funny which is much better.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:55 PM

For those kinds of things i usually throw in a random joke like "Party at my place tomorrow 9pm. No shirts no shoes :P"

something like that
Old 10-17-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gobbomom,

Mine is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Hope you can make it" is too passive and gives them an "out". "Be there or be square", albeit corny, it's aggressive and bit funny which is much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, certainly "giving them an out" is a stupid, thoughtless thing to do [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

you guys all apparently think that you need some sort of gimmick to attract a woman, or that you have to put on an "act" to get someone to succumb to your uber-humor/intelligence. This is really sad and definitely untrue. Women appreciate sincerity. No matter how old you/ we are, or what kind of "act" you put on, we can see whether you're being sincere or just being a player.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gobbomom,

Mine is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, certainly "giving them an out" is a stupid, thoughtless thing to do [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

you guys all apparently think that you need some sort of gimmick to attract a woman, or that you have to put on an "act" to get someone to succumb to your uber-humor/intelligence. This is really sad and definitely untrue. Women appreciate sincerity. No matter how old you/ we are, or what kind of "act" you put on, we can see whether you're being sincere or just being a player.

[/ QUOTE ]
And women dislike men who are sincerely confident and funny/playful? And prefer boring, uncreative men instead? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread