Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2006, 02:01 PM

Default Re: 9-11 Demolition Documentary..

I give up. Everyone has their opinion. Either watch it or don't. Thought some people might find it interesting, apparently not. All these videos(even the offical ones), have their own agenda. I don't know who to believe. That's why I watch them all and form my own opinion. I am far from an expert on any of this, there are pieces that don't fit any way you look at it.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I give up. Everyone has their opinion. Either watch it or don't. Thought some people might find it interesting, apparently not. All these videos(even the offical ones), have their own agenda. I don't know who to believe. That's why I watch them all and form my own opinion. I am far from an expert on any of this, there are pieces that don't fit any way you look at it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good, you're looking at it the right way, but I'm telling you right now that the videos you linked are no better than watching Sesame Street to figure out what happened.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Good, you're looking at it the right way, but I'm telling you right now that the videos you linked are no better than watching Sesame Street to figure out what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe a video with demolition experts over you, but you didn't get that far(not trying to attack you in any way). How about the steel that was bent in half, but there was no cracking, is that even possible? The angled cuts of the core(the way they demolish buildings)? I just like to be able to see the evidence, rather than read it in a paper that says "Trust me, I'm an expert". I was entertained by Loose Change, but didn't believe much of it at all. I don't think this video is trying to tell you this is exactly what happened, they are just putting things out there to make your own decision.

I guess it really all boils down to whether you believe the collapsing of the building was from the floors crashing on each other, or whether you think it was squibs.

EDIT: I went back through some of your posts, and I guess another major problem is this has never happened before, so we having nothing to base our opinions on. It depends on where the witnesses were located, according to the video there would have to be many, many small explosions to knock the bolts off, and several large ones at the bottom to cut the core. I just find this stuff fascinating, as you can see, how there could be SO MANY different things at work here.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think this video is trying to tell you this is exactly what happened, they are just putting things out there to make your own decision.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is exactly what the video is doing, and it's exactly what they want you to do. The problem is that they're giving bogus explanations and being misleading! When that is the case, you absolutely cannot take what they say to be true and you cannot use it to base your opinions on what happened. I pointed out half a dozen stupid things in the first 20 minutes alone, and it was late and I was tired. I probably could have come up with more.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to graduate fron cynicism to skepticism.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:33 PM

steel can and does do this when heated up to the temperatures that the fire burned at.

Do you have any background in science or engineering? I have a feeling you don't. There are conspiracy theories all over the web. Was JFK killed by the CIA? Did aliens crash in Roswell? Is Elvis really alive?
Old 09-18-2006, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
steel can and does do this when heated up to the temperatures that the fire burned at.

Do you have any background in science or engineering? I have a feeling you don't. There are conspiracy theories all over the web. Was JFK killed by the CIA? Did aliens crash in Roswell? Is Elvis really alive?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, obviously I don't, but of course that makes me a retard and guys that do 100% correct. I'm not saying that Bush is behind this or any of that garbage, I just think the buildings were demolished for some reason.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:14 PM

I recognize going into this I'm not going to change anyone's mind on what happened, but I feel I must respond. Here goes.

My wife is a structural engineer for a well regarded international firm. She says the building did exactly what it was supposed to - take the impact of an airplane and allow the safe evacuation of most of the office workers on the unaffected floors below. The collapse afterwards was inevitable because of the way the floors were supported between the internal and external columns and the failure of the angle clips that held them due to the deflection of the outer columns and the fire raging on the effected floors.

The explosions people heard before the collapses were likely the failure of the angle clips as they allowed the floors to collapse onto lower floors. The fact seemed to come from the basement was likely a result of acoustics (vibrations move through solid materials too, you know).

A few drawings of the angle clips and their relationship with the columns can be found here:

http://www.tms.org/pubs/journals/JOM...agar-0112.html

The licensed structural engineering community is very small. To date, I am unable to find anyone with an license to practice structural engineering who believes the conspiracy. We trust these people every day with our lives because of their review and oversight of construction and retrofit on virtually every structure we are in, out, and around on a daily basis. To me, the lack of consensus on the structural engineering community speaks volumes - mainly, the conspiracy ain't true.

To not believe these folks is to assume that the whole structural engineering profession is a hoax. For proof that it isn't, look at California or Japan when they get an earthquake of 7.0 or higher, and look at similar earthquakes in Turkey or Iran. Hardly anyone dies in Japan or California, thousands die in Turkey or Iran. You would be amazed at the amount of analysis these people do on inane topics like connecting beams with columns to deal with failure they call “punch and shear failure” – the cause for most of the damage in the Northridge earthquake. Google that to see what I mean.

What our government has done in the name of 'freedom' after 9/11 is the real conspiracy. Go investigate that if you really want to get angry.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:02 AM

I wasn't there either, but planes with full loads of fuel crashed into both towers. No way these were small fires. Look at the videos. Look at the amount of smoke and flames produced. There were several thousand gallons of jet fuel burning. These were the biggest, hottest fires ever to hit highrise buildings. To compare these to ordinary fires burning carpeting and furniture is absurd. I will say again: by Occam's Razor, the plane crashes and fires did cause the collapse, regardlesss of any hand-waving explanations of how they couldn't possibly have done so. If you want to propose an alternate cause for the collapses, show me some supporting evidence.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:16 AM

Exellent post, and very good link.