Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

[ QUOTE ]
Just went to CardPlayer.COM: NO MENTION WHAT SO EVER OF THE AP SCANDAL! but there was a big "Absolute Poker Banner" with jackpot info on the front page. like i said 98% of poker players don't read forums and most of the ones that do don't care! they always figured online poker was rigged anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/art...ch-investigated
http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news...ecurity-breach
Old 10-22-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just went to CardPlayer.COM: NO MENTION WHAT SO EVER OF THE AP SCANDAL! but there was a big "Absolute Poker Banner" with jackpot info on the front page. like i said 98% of poker players don't read forums and most of the ones that do don't care! they always figured online poker was rigged anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for coming here stranger and pointing this out with your very first post!

Of course these stories aren't mentioned on Cardplayer.com's home page, nor are they mentioned in the News page. CardPlayer is trying to bury this story to protect their advertiser. CardPlayer sucks and should be boycotted until they start refusing AP advertising and start featuring the AP cheating story .
Old 10-22-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for coming here stranger and pointing this out with your very first post!

Of course these stories aren't mentioned on Cardplayer.com's home page, nor are they mentioned in the News page. CardPlayer is trying to bury this story to protect their advertiser. CardPlayer sucks and should be boycotted until they start refusing AP advertising and start featuring the AP cheating story .

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny.. both headlines show on page 2 of the news archives here, yesterday the last was on the frontpage, I wouldn't call that "NO MENTION WHAT SO EVER".

They could (and probably should) have permanent link to these on the frontpage.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While Cardplayer reaches a lot of the poker-playing public, I believe ESPN.com reaches far more of the casual poker-playing demographic who have not yet heard this story. However, ESPN has also, so far, buried this story in their "ESPN Poker Club" section. This may be because of ESPN's business interests involving poker, but with enough pressure, they would probably feature this story on their homepage. And if ESPN still doesn’t bring greater coverage to this story, if enough people report that to ESPN’s ombudsman she may bring this issue up.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While Cardplayer reaches a lot of the poker-playing public, I believe ESPN.com reaches far more of the casual poker-playing demographic who have not yet heard this story. However, ESPN has also, so far, buried this story in their "ESPN Poker Club" section. This may be because of ESPN's business interests involving poker, but with enough pressure, they would probably feature this story on their homepage. And if ESPN still doesn’t bring greater coverage to this story, if enough people report that to ESPN’s ombudsman she may bring this issue up.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think there is any conspiracy involving ESPN not putting this on their homepage. In all honesty, it shouldn't be on their homepage. What does this have to do with sports? The world series is about to start, college football, so on
Old 10-22-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think there is any conspiracy involving ESPN not putting this on their homepage. In all honesty, it shouldn't be on their homepage. What does this have to do with sports? The world series is about to start, college football, so on

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not saying that there is a conspiracy, but I am wondering why ESPN does not feature this article on its front page. I agree that poker really isn't a sport, but ESPN has featured numerous poker articles on its home page in the past, and this is arguably the most newsworthy story, up there with the WSOP Main Event's, in poker history.

ESPN definitely does have an interest in the success of poker, both online and not, and this scandal being brought out to the mainstream would definitely hurt online poker's success, at least in the short term. Absolute Poker also advertises on their channels I believe. I was just wondering if it could be business reasons that this story hasn't been posted on the front page yet.

Regardless, it can’t be argued that if ESPN.com posts this story on its homepage it will bring this scandal to a lot of people's eyes for the first time.
Closed Thread