Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 07:30 AM

Default HU NLTRN CHALLENGE

Hi,
I usually play NL cash and have had a reasonable amount of success doing so.

Recently played afew hu NLTRN for a change of pace and was surprised at how soft the games were.

Im going o try a Hu NLTRN challenge playing with a 20BI roll,to play 100 matches.

I was wondering what roi is good or sustainable at the 20 pound level in these matches and whether this is possible to play 100 matches with only 20BI in roll.

Going to start posting more on this forum,thanks for any help and comments.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:39 AM

Default Re: HU NLTRN CHALLENGE

ok,distinct lack of response,probably abit of c rap thread and one that has undoubtable been posted before ad-nauseam.

But having searched abit on here i read the best hu nltn players can win 60% of their matches.
To cover the rake over the challenge,i will need to win 5 more matches than i lose,and for example i win 60% of my matches at this level i will win only 50pound profit.
Also on the bankroll issue of 20BIs,what is the liklihood i can actully play 100 matches on this amount of BI before going broke?
Could even the very best go broke on such a small roll?
Old 08-12-2007, 09:50 AM

It's normally suggested to keep at least 30BI when playing HU sng's. This is aimed for the lower lvls $6 --> $50 HU SNG's. When you get higher than that it would be sensible to aim for a 50BI roll as your ROI most likely will fall as you move up.

For 100 games only, I think 20BI will be just fine. If you are just anything near breakeven player you would have to be more than unlucky in order to lose 20BI over 100 games.

Gl with your project, hope you manage to finish with a nice win% [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2007, 12:12 PM

Thanks for the advice kalledrengen.
Challenge going well thus far(touch wood),now got 30BIs.

Also I was wondering,what would class as a good sample size of matches at which point you could say you were beating the game?
Obviously 100 games and being a winner is a miniscule sample size to draw any conclusions from.
I would imagine that the swings in HU NLTRN are not as wild as NL cash HU and even NL cash 6max,but at the lower than $50 games what would you see as a large sample size.
thanks
Old 08-12-2007, 12:33 PM

My best answer for that would be to link you to this thread where the same question was asked.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rt=all&vc=1

If you scroll down in the comments you'll see roundhouse showing a table with win% and games played, I think that's what you are looking for [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2007, 10:17 AM

Half way through my 100, 10pound heads up challenge.

Results as follows:
Played=50
won=37
Lost=13
rake=25

profit=240-25=215 pound.

win %=74%

Pleased so far obv,despite small sample size,feel these 10 pound games are pretty soft,although i am sure im running above expectation as this win % is probably not sustainable.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:42 AM

gl keep us posted
Old 08-20-2007, 04:26 AM

Nice job so far. Keep it up, let us know how the second half goes.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:28 AM

Ok,final results for the 100 match 10pound challenge.

Played=100
Won=62
So finished with 62% success.Was quite disappointed with this as near he end of the challnge I was trying to speed it up and get the neccessary matches in and started 2 and 3 tabling games which caused me to lose more than i should.
Ater 80 matches i had 73%,but i suppose overall i cant complain making 190 pound profit,after rake deducted,and of course i doubt 73% is sustainable even at these small games.

Im now starting a 100 match 20 pound challenge(=$40),
played 25 so far and won 17.Not going to be multitabling either one match at a time.
Also I play on cryptonetwork,does anyone know any software similar to tourney manager that works with crypto sites?
Thanks