Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 02:33 AM

Default Vent: Can one attract good Karma or no?

is good karma something we are born with or can we attract it? take my life for example. I can say i never intentionally hurt anyone, never held grudges against anyone, don't hate anyone and nobody hates me. My life is the classic same old, same old. Nothing good or bad happens to me, everything is routine school work sleep.

I know so many people which are worse human beings tham i am, treat people the opposite of how i treat people, lazier workers, bad hearted people, yet they are luckier than me, people treat them better than me, people have given them things (nobody has ever given me anything except my parents), their lives are way better than mine.

After careful analysis i realized that i must have bad karma or no good karma at all. Im thinking of sponsoring a kid through childrens inc, im thinking of volunteering at a homeless shelter, im thinking of waking up the morning, looking in the mirror and screaming "im a winner, you are great, great things will happen to you" in order to get 'positive energy' or whatever.

All my life i treat people well and i see that nobody really cares about me (except probably 3 people) and people treat me bad and push me around, yet bad people i know get the good treatment. I want to get some of that luck for once.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:35 AM

Default Re: Vent: Can one attract good Karma or no?

You have a computer, so I assume you don't live outdoors.
You have the energy to type, so I assume you aren't hungry.
You mentioned that your parents have helped you, so I assume that they treated you well growing up.

Congrats, you have used up all of your karma.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:36 AM

i think it's odd how if you say you're a christian you're instantly vilified but if you mention karma it's cool.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think it's odd how if you say you're a christian you're instantly vilified but if you mention karma it's cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
karma is a fancier way than saying "luck," you believe in luck don't you? why do some people have all the luck and others don't?? we all know lucky people and we all know good people with no good luck. I just want to know if this is something we are born with or can we change this?
Old 03-08-2007, 02:41 AM

Karma isn't some magic force that rewards or punishes you. Think about it: If someone is truly altruistic, helping others whenever possible whlie expecting nothing in return, they will live a rewarding and happy life. Also, if you are helpful and kind to people, that will put them in better moods, they will help people in turn and your whole environment will be improved.

Don't be nice to people expecting something in return, that will only lead to dissapointment when they don't react the way you want.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm pretty sure if you hadn't jumped the gun and posted this the general gist of the responses wuold be along the lines of "wtf, there is no such thing as karma." maybe they still will be.

i like to be an equal opportunity villifier.

edit: T-God is awesome
Old 03-08-2007, 02:43 AM

Everyone is born with NEUTRAL Karma. Pretty obvious how it works from there.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:47 AM

your questions are easy to answer. first, there's no such thing as karma.

second, there's no such thing as a person "being" lucky. people can "get" lucky, or have "more than their share" of good luck, but that doesn't mean theres any reason to expect them to continue to have good luck in the future.

in short, a person's "luckiness" can only be determined in hindsight, it has nothing to do with the present or future.

so feel better.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is good karma something we are born with or can we attract it? take my life for example. I can say i never intentionally hurt anyone, never held grudges against anyone, don't hate anyone and nobody hates me. My life is the classic same old, same old. Nothing good or bad happens to me, everything is routine school work sleep.

All my life i treat people well and i see that nobody really cares about me (except probably 3 people) and people treat me bad and push me around, yet bad people i know get the good treatment. I want to get some of that luck for once.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no such thing as karma. You can be the greatest human being every single day of your life and bad [censored] will still happen to you. You can be a terrible human being every single day of your life and great things will happen to you.

Say it with me now: "There is no such thing as karma."

You should do the right thing because it's the right thing, not because some magical force in the universe will make good things happen to you. You should not bend over backwards to help others when they don't deserve it just because you think the universe is going to reward you. You should not refrain from declining to help someone just because you think bad karma is going to come punish you.

It's nonsense.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

After careful analysis i realized that i must have bad karma or no good karma at all. Im thinking of sponsoring a kid through childrens inc, im thinking of volunteering at a homeless shelter, im thinking of waking up the morning, looking in the mirror and screaming "im a winner, you are great, great things will happen to you" in order to get 'positive energy' or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just thinking about doing things won't get you good karma. Try actually doing something good.

And btw, there is no such thing.