Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 07:09 AM

Default Re: Mason... Sir,

[ QUOTE ]
Let's not jeopardize the respect we have earned by turning off the the broadcasting medium when the heat in the kitchen gets too hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Instead of just turning down the thermostat, the owner has closed the kitchen.

No more food. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As an attorney, when someone who is not an attorney says they do not want to comment on legal issues beacuse they do not have the expertise...I respect that.

When someone points out that a not-for-profit has transparency issues with their finances and that something needs to be done...I respect that.

When someone takes issue with the make up of a board of directors of a not-for-profit based on ethical principles...I respect that.

When someone questions the veracity of the opinions expressed by another who claims to be affiliated with an influential medium yet opts to remain anonymous....well I respect that and I too question those same opinions.

When someone creates a medium for the free flow of ideas and interjects in the forum when the decorum falls below a certain level NOT THE CONTENT...well I very much respect and appreciate that.

If the internet has proved nothng else, it has proven that in the aggregate, the rest of us outsiders are not collectively stupid...we don't need the hand of big brother to spoon feed us information.

Let's not jeopardize the respect we have earned by turning off the the broadcasting medium when the heat in the kitchen gets too hot.

That I do not respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure your not a politician or lawyer?

I find myself in total agreement, but fairly unsure of what it is I am really agreeing to in total!

D$D
Old 11-28-2007, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah why bother. There just isn't the money to put together a poker organization. The PPA was the chance and they are [censored] blowing it by being secretive and standoffish. Im willing to bet if they had a loan to pay for the investment in organizing in 6 months it would pay off. You may have to endure some threats of violence from Harrahs thugs for organizing players, but one day the need for a union will be clear. Sooner or later rakes will go up. Perks down. Laws unfavorable to the consumer. Live dealers cut out. Im not saying mark my words, but we are all [censored] this pooch.

[/ QUOTE ]

A PPA PAC with some sort of membership direction on spending might solve a few of the current issues.

At least anyone trying to "buy" a seat or control would at least be out front and on record.

D$D