Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 09:13 PM

Default Some bluffs!

Villain is laggish, 27/21 over a lot of hands. My image is pretty solid I believe, haven't got much history with him. He called the turn pretty quickly, fwiw.

Party Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $205.34
CO: $505.50
Hero (BTN): $400
SB: $284.81
BB: $573

Pre-Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $14</font>, Hero calls $14, 2 folds

Flop: ($34) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $30</font>, Hero calls $30

Turn: ($94) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $74</font>, CO calls $74

River: ($242) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $282 and is All-In</font>

Villain is some TAG I don't have any history with or have played with much before, have him in the 21/16 range over a medium sample. If he doesn't view me as unknown he will view me as a standard TAG probably.

Party Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $410
SB: $148.10
BB: $402
UTG: $843.10
CO: $127.25

Pre-Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $16</font>, SB folds, BB calls $12

Flop: ($34) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $24</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $82</font>, BB calls $58

Turn: ($198) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $160</font>
Old 10-24-2007, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Some bluffs!

no to both

first one i think you're trying to rep exactly JT when there are plenty of draws in your range

second one i don't think he's folding turn after calling flop
Old 10-24-2007, 09:21 PM

First one I don't like. If he doesn't believe you on the turn I don't think he's going to believe you on that brick of a river. I think LAG players are used to calling with KJ here because of how much they get played back at. I think this works some amount of the time (maybe 30-35%), but not enough to make it profitable.

I like the second one more because it works two ways. I think he can fold medium strength hands like AJ or A8s or JT, but still call you with draws that you are ahead of (QhJh and worse). His flop peel is slightly worrisome, but not enough to put me off.

As long as you aren't giving off a bet size tell (I normally don't bet quite so much on the turn) I think the second hand is good.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:22 PM

I just want to add that you should pay attention to the results of the second hand. Lots of players just never take this weird line with their draws and mediocre hands, and are going to take you to town. Obviously don't try this again if you figure out he's that type.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:49 PM

i think both are fine. 1 is opponent dependent but this is going to be a tough call for his range if he's not a spewmonkey (some 27/21's are though)
Old 10-24-2007, 10:11 PM

i like one more than 2-people jsut dont fold a pair of A

but im not a big fan of either
Old 10-24-2007, 10:38 PM

I hate both....
1. its a super drawy board and every draw missed the only made hands you ever have here are like AQ, 88, KQ ,A8s and JT. You'd 3bet pf a lot with AQ so discount it. You'd raise flop a lot with 88/KQ so discount it.

2. Its not thaaat bad with more history because villain probably expects you to peel a lot of draws on the turn. But given there isnt't much history and its a super drawy board don't expect villain to fold any real hands.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:42 PM

yeah actually i changed my mind about 2, considering he'd 3bet most big aces pf this board has a lot of sets/2ps/straights even semibluffing opportunities for him. i still like 1 though.

eagles, you listed a ton of hands we could represent... this seems like a tough call with kq/aq for him, and he doesn't even have to be that strong at all. stronger hands probably c/r the turn all-in too.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate both....
1. its a super drawy board and every draw missed the only made hands you ever have here are like AQ, 88, KQ ,A8s and JT. You'd 3bet pf a lot with AQ so discount it. You'd raise flop a lot with 88/KQ so discount it.

2. Its not thaaat bad with more history because villain probably expects you to peel a lot of draws on the turn. But given there isnt't much history and its a super drawy board don't expect villain to fold any real hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would your river calling range be in hand one? And how often is AK/AQ ever checking this turn? IMO his hand looks a lot like Ax, or maybe KJ or something similar. But c/c this turn with AK/AQ? I dunno, seems unlikely, especially given how quick he called the turn. Those hands would at least take some time to contemplate raising, yeah?

Hand 2, I just don't see what exactly bet/calls the flop that is strong enough to get it in on the turn? I mean, if he puts me on a bluff/draw then obviously he is getting it in with all sorts of bluff catchers, but I think my line looks pretty strong, and I think his range is heavily weighted towards draws and top pair hands. He has no reason yet to think I'm very aggressive to this point.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:30 PM

Aislephive,
Problem with hand 1 is a lot of draws missed. and when you shove for overpot, (it does make a difference) typically it means a very polarized range. Depends on how I was playing but I could def look you up with Ax or Kx from time to time. I agree with you about what villain's range is but if he's good he can def call with that stuff.

Hand 2
Ya he took sort of a werid line... but I find bluffing guys when they take lines like this rarely works + he can be like I took a weird line hes fuckign with me drawy board I can'
t fold anything good.