Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 10:08 PM

Default When discussing \"Best show on tv\", how come nobody ever mentions...

...Real Time with Bill Maher?

It's smart, it's funny, it's topical, it's smart...

Oh, never mind, I just answered my own question.

Too bad. These last two episodes (Gen Clark this week, Gary Kasparov last week) were gold. If you have HBO OnDemand available, I recommend you check out at least these two eps.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:28 PM

Default Re: When discussing \"Best show on tv\", how come nobody ever mentions..

We love Bill Maher! He's better than John Stewart and Colbert. Much wittier. Not sure this required it's own thread.

However, as far as I'm concerned one of the best shows on TV right now is Brothers & Sisters on ABC. Watch it people. It's got some of the best acting on TV with very relatable characters. (I happen to like the gay brother [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
Old 10-30-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Re: When discussing \"Best show on tv\", how come nobody ever mentions..

I watch Real Time every week, but I must admit I fast forward through the monologue. Its exactly what I always wished Politically Incorrect would become.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:16 AM

i love it and it's on my can't miss list...he's fantastic...on point politically and funny.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:18 AM

I dig Bill Maher, but this is a topic that is tough for me to discuss, because the absolute and total winner is The Wire. To add, ad nauseum, if you've never seen it, you simply must.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dig Bill Maher, but this is a topic that is tough for me to discuss, because the absolute and total winner is The Wire. To add, ad nauseum, if you've never seen it, you simply must.

[/ QUOTE ]
just finished s4 and completely agree.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:30 AM

Sorry, being in the UK, I never heard of this.

However, if you're talking about good TV shows that no one ever seems to mention, anyone remember 'Bizarre' with John Byner (sp?) and Super Dave Osbourne?
Old 10-31-2007, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT, you heard?
Old 10-31-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We love Bill Maher! He's better than John Stewart and Colbert. Much wittier. Not sure this required it's own thread.

However, as far as I'm concerned one of the best shows on TV right now is Brothers & Sisters on ABC. Watch it people. It's got some of the best acting on TV with very relatable characters. (I happen to like the gay brother [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]
The show is surprisingly good. I like the illegitimate daughter VVVV much.
Damages was pretty good on FX. House & La Ink too.
Bill Maher needs 2 be back on ABC or Comedy Central
Old 11-01-2007, 06:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Bill Maher needs 2 be back on ABC or Comedy Central

[/ QUOTE ]

Right- because the show would be much better with censoring and commercials.