Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2006, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Pizza Delivery Tip

[ QUOTE ]
Alobar,

"The dirty dollar"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this really old wrinkly torn up dollar that I wadded up and shoved in the ground and stomped around on. Was really dirty and just kinda gross. When I would deliver somewhere that I knew I likely wasnt getting tipped, I would hand them that dollar in change. I almost always got it back.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:59 PM

I delivered pizza/food for about a year and a half and I never expected a tip. I would always assume to give back the full amount of the difference and if they wanted to tip me they could give it back. Or they would tell me to keep so much and I would give them back that difference. Other times when they didn't mention something I would kind of stall while getting the money out of the money bag just to see if they would say something, but at the same time I made it look like I was thinking how much to give them back...which I was at the same time.

There were a few times when someone would have a $14 order and give me a $20 and tell me to keep the change and I was like, "Are you sure?" It always threw me off when I would get a big tip like that.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alobar,

"The dirty dollar"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this really old wrinkly torn up dollar that I wadded up and shoved in the ground and stomped around on. Was really dirty and just kinda gross. When I would deliver somewhere that I knew I likely wasnt getting tipped, I would hand them that dollar in change. I almost always got it back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, so all you are doing is making the person feel like they are tipping you, but in reality, you are no better off and just making yourself look like an idiot.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha, so all you are doing is making the person feel like they are tipping you, but in reality, you are no better off and just making yourself look like an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try again.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Try again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he almost always got it back, so the times that he didn't get it back, that other person was stuck with a bad dollar. I guess it makes sense.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alobar,

"The dirty dollar"?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dont know how that makes me look like an idiot. Its not like the dollar was covered in [censored] or something. They got their change, if they want to keep it good for them. If they wanna give me back a dollar because its old and dirty and beneath their poor cheapskating asses, then fine by me.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alobar,

"The dirty dollar"?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dont know how that makes me look like an idiot. Its not like the dollar was covered in [censored] or something. They got their change, if they want to keep it good for them. If they wanna give me back a dollar because its old and dirty and beneath their poor cheapskating asses, then fine by me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand. I pictured a much different dollar. Your intentions were different than I assumed.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:09 PM

I delivered pizza back in the day, and some old haggard bitch got mad at me for giving her change back on an order much like the one in the OP. It was about $15, she gave me $20, and as I was getting her change, she said, "What are you doing?"

I said something like, "Oh I'm getting your change, do you not need any?"

She sighs and acts surprised, shakes her head or some crap. "I've been ordering this from this restaurant for 10 years and no one has ever tried to give me any change back," as if I were suggesting she couldn't afford the tip.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Try again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he almost always got it back, so the times that he didn't get it back, that other person was stuck with a bad dollar. I guess it makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

say what??:S

anyway, i give like $2 if it's on time.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:12 PM

This stuff is really an issue? I order pizza from the same place every week with a soda and it's around $16.50, I just give them the $20 to keep, seems anal to ask for $1 back.