Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2006, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Pizza Delivery Tip

The tip isn't really about the food, its about them bringing it to your house so your lazy ass doesn't have to actually leave the house and perhaps, god forbid, see the light of day.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:48 AM

EDIT: Just read Stueys "I am in charge of this gong show" thread and I would like to retract my statement.
My mistake.
FWIW to anyone who further wants to post in this thread. Dont. Why? b/c stuey has locked it (even though it technically doesnt show up as locked).
Old 12-23-2006, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
give him the 20

[/ QUOTE ]

especially if you order often from this pizza joint. I delivered food for a restaurant for a couple months a few years ago, and was shocked at the regular customers who wouldn't tip, like i'm not going to remember and make sure i take extra long and your food is cold next time around...I mean your fat ass can afford a $50 takeout meal but you can't throw me 5 bucks for making sure it was all correct and delivered in a reasonable time.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some of you guys are idiots. I worked pizza delivery for two years and can tell you that if you tip well you will get better service. We all know who tips and who doesn't. I would always go out of my way to help someone who tips well.

Plus, if the food is late its almost certainly not the delivery guys fault. Traffic can be bad, the store could be extremely busy etc. Bottom line the driver wants to get your food delivered ASAP because it means more business for him.

We also have to pay for our gasoline as well. Give him the whole [censored] 20 bucks and quit being a bitch.

The store that I worked at charged a delivery charge. However, the drivers didn't receive one cent of that. If you are using that excuse not to tip well, then make sure the driverr actually gets the delivery charge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lmfao, I order pizza online from Pizza Hut every now and then. I highly doubt 1. People are seriously remembering me with all the orders they get, and 2. There is not enough turnover to make them remembering me for more than a couple of months feasible. No dice.

Pizza Hut is expensive as it is. 11-12 bucks for a pizza? Great pizza, but jesus christ. And I'm supposed to tip 2-3 bucks, too? When I'm getting the same food I'm getting otherwise? LMFAO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I delivered food for a restaurant so not sure if this differs much from a pizza joint, but, to keep track of customers who didn't order often, we(the drivers) would type comments into the customer data system that would come out when you printed an order(the drivers copy only, where directions go). So a jerkoff customers who lived relatively far away and didn't tip for sh-t got comments when i got back, so the other drivers would also know, it was hilarious actually, when months later i'd get a ticket that said "huge ahole, apartment complex sucks, and hardly tips..." lol i remember this ahole! deliver the food an hour and half later, oh sorry sir, but we were so busy and short a driver tonight...
Old 12-23-2006, 06:54 PM

ugggggh, if he's on time just don't be a cheap ahole and let him keep the change.

I've never worked in the food industry but I can assume this is why food get pissed in and people get sick...
Old 12-23-2006, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Asking for a buck or two back seems tedious and petty, even if it would result in the "correct" tip.

[/ QUOTE ]
qft
Old 12-24-2006, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some of you guys are idiots. I worked pizza delivery for two years and can tell you that if you tip well you will get better service. We all know who tips and who doesn't. I would always go out of my way to help someone who tips well.

Plus, if the food is late its almost certainly not the delivery guys fault. Traffic can be bad, the store could be extremely busy etc. Bottom line the driver wants to get your food delivered ASAP because it means more business for him.

We also have to pay for our gasoline as well. Give him the whole [censored] 20 bucks and quit being a bitch.

The store that I worked at charged a delivery charge. However, the drivers didn't receive one cent of that. If you are using that excuse not to tip well, then make sure the driverr actually gets the delivery charge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lmfao, I order pizza online from Pizza Hut every now and then. I highly doubt 1. People are seriously remembering me with all the orders they get, and 2. There is not enough turnover to make them remembering me for more than a couple of months feasible. No dice.

Pizza Hut is expensive as it is. 11-12 bucks for a pizza? Great pizza, but jesus christ. And I'm supposed to tip 2-3 bucks, too? When I'm getting the same food I'm getting otherwise? LMFAO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I delivered food for a restaurant so not sure if this differs much from a pizza joint, but, to keep track of customers who didn't order often, we(the drivers) would type comments into the customer data system that would come out when you printed an order(the drivers copy only, where directions go). So a jerkoff customers who lived relatively far away and didn't tip for sh-t got comments when i got back, so the other drivers would also know, it was hilarious actually, when months later i'd get a ticket that said "huge ahole, apartment complex sucks, and hardly tips..." lol i remember this ahole! deliver the food an hour and half later, oh sorry sir, but we were so busy and short a driver tonight...

[/ QUOTE ]

1. My pizza has always been great from Pizza Hut.

2. If I started noticing discernible differences, I would call and complain to the manager, and the little "game" would be up.
Old 12-24-2006, 08:09 PM

maybe there just giving you good service with spit on it... lol.

at a lot of places complaining to managers doesn't do [censored], yea they'll kiss your ass on the phone and what not but when they get done with you they'd come over to me the driver and say, man that guys an ahole, heres 10 bucks to retake the food back to him, then i'd do some fun messed up [censored] to aholes food and deliver it quicker this time, but i'd still laugh at how i ruined aholes night and now 2hrs later he's getting his contaminated pizza and food, this kind of thing happened fairly often especially on busy nights... man that was a fun job. lol

You retards that think your clever saving a few bucks here or there by not tipping much, probably have never worked in a restaurant or pizza joint and have no idea how likely it is that sooner or later your going to be eating purposely contaminated food, the movie "waiting" does a good job at portraying this... so keep it up.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:47 PM

I love how in the threads about tipping poker dealers people get pissed if you say that you shouldjt tip a guy 2 or 3 bucks for a big pot that took a minute to play( a buck is fine and most dealers porbably dont deserve that.)Yet the same people try and justify not giving someone who drives from a store to your house a decent tip.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love tipping threads

[/ QUOTE ]

I know - these threads are fantastic.

OP - asks some dumb question with an obvious answer.

2 Posts In - someone posts the correct answer.

5 Posts In - someone says that tipping is retarded and why bother tipping at all.

Rest of 200+ posts - telling cheap [censored] he is an [censored], also random posts reminiscing about past tipping situations / being a delivery guy.

-Al