Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Liberty Dollar office raided

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Boro, did you become a libertarian before or after you took your job as a publicly funded teacher? Shouldnt you have quit your job the instant you realised your paycheck was funded by coercion? You might want to turn the indignation down a notch or two.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did quit my job because my paycheck was funded by coercion, bucko.

I started an entire thread on what a hypocrite I was for taking taxpayer money.

The consensus is that if the government largely monopolizes the barber industry, it doesn't make one evil for wanting to cut hair. The government has largely monopolized astrophysical rese3arch. It does not make one evil for having to use public roads because the government has squeezed private ones out of existence.

But what I do NOT do is break into people's private property, point guns at them, and personally steal their [censored].

Perhaps its an illusory difference that allows me to assuage my conscience and keep my sanity, but I'll take it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, in your opinion, the government hasn't monopolized the law enforcement industry?
Old 11-16-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Boro, did you become a libertarian before or after you took your job as a publicly funded teacher? Shouldnt you have quit your job the instant you realised your paycheck was funded by coercion? You might want to turn the indignation down a notch or two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Borodog is not in a position where he breaks into people's homes and drags them off to prison for no good reason and possibly having to kill them if they resist. The situation is not remotely comparable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boro and I both get our paychecks from the same place. If he disagrees with his job, he should quit. Telling me to do so when he's refusing is hypocritical.

[/ QUOTE ]

The source of the paycheck has nothing to do with why this was evil and why police in general are pretty much evil. They could be funded entirely by voluntary contributions and they would still be evil. I understand that this bothers you given your own job, but that's just too bad. The fact is that laws and doing your job do not justify you doing evil things.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:00 PM

Yes, because when a dozen FBI and SS agents show up, there's no threat of force. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Perhaps they were all packing rainbows and sunshine.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Borodog is not in a position where he breaks into people's homes and drags them off to prison for no good reason and possibly having to kill them if they resist. The situation is not remotely comparable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boro and I both get our paychecks from the same place. If he disagrees with his job, he should quit. Telling me to do so when he's refusing is hypocritical.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did quit. My last day is December 17th. When is yours?

And I'm not telling you to quit. Unless of course you use violence against people who've done nothing wrong. In which case, yes. You should quit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I don't. Thank you for your approval. It means more than you know, I can assure you. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? No one in your prison in there on drug charges?
Old 11-16-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did quit my job because my paycheck was funded by coercion, bucko.

I started an entire thread on what a hypocrite I was for taking taxpayer money.

The consensus is that if the government largely monopolizes the barber industry, it doesn't make one evil for wanting to cut hair. The government has largely monopolized astrophysical rese3arch. It does not make one evil for having to use public roads because the government has squeezed private ones out of existence.

But what I do NOT do is break into people's private property, point guns at them, and personally steal their [censored].

Perhaps its an illusory difference that allows me to assuage my conscience and keep my sanity, but I'll take it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, in your opinion, the government hasn't monopolized the law enforcement industry?

[/ QUOTE ]

Monopolizing the law enforcement industry does not justify evil laws, nor the enforcement of evil laws. Quite the contrary.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'm not telling you to quit. Unless of course you use violence against people who've done nothing wrong. In which case, yes. You should quit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I don't. Thank you for your approval. It means more than you know, I can assure you. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate threads like this.

What color is the sky in your world, where it's perfectly reasonable to use force on people who have done nothing wrong?

Wake the [censored] up.

I'm done.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just to make my position clear, this sort of "just doing their jobs" bull [censored] justifies anything evil. If "just doing your job" justifies breaking into private property with guns drawn and confiscating the private property of people for the incredible offense of stamping little bits of metal into circles, then it justifies breaking into private property with guns drawn and violating anyone's rights for any reason at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you that the search warrant itself was wrong, but I believe you're incredibly ill informed if you believe every law enforcement officer is in total agreement over every search warrant they serve, and I also believe you're full of [censored] if you're going to tell me you would work for many years to make it to the top of your given career's ladder, then defiantly quit your job because you were told to perform a routine task that you didn't agree with.

You can't honestly expect anyone to buy that idealistic bull [censored]. I just don't see it happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe it or not, some of us do go through life refusing to do things we feel are morally wrong to others. It's not easy and is rarely rewarded. Of course, I would never expect a career law enforcement officer to quit their job over this warrant. They sold that piece of their soul many, many, many times before they ever got where they are today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you cite whatever source or experience you have to back this absurd claim? Get a speeding ticket you didn't agree with or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

You stated:

[ QUOTE ]
I believe you're incredibly ill informed if you believe every law enforcement officer is in total agreement over every search warrant they serve

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

At some point long before they "climbed to the top of their career ladder" every law enforcement officer faces many situations where believing in the liberty of others, the rule of law, or even right and wrong, is going to be a liability to their career. So, they make the choice. Of course, if you don't have any of those morals things are much simpler. Have you ever had to make those decisions? The arguement that I've been here to long for my morals too have any relevance is ridiculous (to me).
Old 11-16-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey. You are free to advocate violence against others for stamping little bits of metal into circles and claim that you are morally justified in doing so.

I just think it's insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im curious about your definition of violence.

I do not really see where I have made any statements about being in favor of violence as a form of punishment for people breaking any laws.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? No one in your prison in there on drug charges?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't work minimum security. Everyone I deal with has either killed someone or raped someone. Some are also their on drug charges, but they killed someone in their drug trade, which is what put them in Max or Iso.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate threads like this.

What color is the sky in your world, where it's perfectly reasonable to use force on people who have done nothing wrong?

Wake the [censored] up.

I'm done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yea. I forgot you have that ridiculous twelve year old's definition of "force". Guess I'm done with you in this thread too.

No one was beaten, no one was held at gun point, no one was killed. If you want to call a few guys in suits walking in with shiny badges saying "FBI, this is a raid, step away from your desk and file out of the office in an orderly fashion" "force", then we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.