Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Some bluffs!

[ QUOTE ]
1. if hes good he snap calls with a K
2. 99% sure he checkraised allin here.

[/ QUOTE ]

gimmenutz doesn't even snap call a K there - note that villain cannot see hero's cards.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. if hes good he snap calls with a K
2. 99% sure he checkraised allin here.

[/ QUOTE ]

gimmenutz doesn't even snap call a K there - note that villain cannot see hero's cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

note..I'm so drunk and would call any of hero's [censored].

note 2. Upon looking at it it is an OK bluff.......

FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Old 10-25-2007, 02:19 PM

lol, its like 1pm
Old 10-25-2007, 02:23 PM

1 is fine, he's probably calling once with a K/Q with flush draw and planning to fold. 2 I hate.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i love hand 1, f the haters.

hand 2 is pretty abysmal, i find myself getting cr'd every time in that spot on the turn. unless he is a total tagfish retard you are getting called and you are way behind obv, and he can always c/r with a draw here.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly my thoughts
Old 10-25-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

now: i already know the results since you are so vehemently defending this play, but it is a [censored] terrible play to donk out on the flop, call a raise, and c/f turn. so much of your range are bluffs in that spot - you're not floating with hands that can't stand any heat, you are raising with them. furthermore, if he has a weakish hand, wouldn't he at least want to call your c-bet or c/r it, rather than donking out into the flop and making NOTHING on the occasions you just give up?

so as i said, unless he is a terrible tagfish who can't think ahead, you should be c/r'd ai a fair amount here super wide, and yes, some of that will include draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get what you're saying now, but not many players will bet/call this particular flop with anything but a marginalish hand, maaaaybe a draw but he probably wants to bet/3bet that? I mean, if he bet/calls this flop in general we can assume he probably isn't very good. I just don't think he will bet/call this flop with two pair or better, so unless he turned two pair his range is basically one pair and draws on the turn, and a strong turn bet should fold out that range often. That's how I feel anyways.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

hand 2 is pretty abysmal, i find myself getting cr'd every time in that spot on the turn. unless he is a total tagfish retard you are getting called and you are way behind obv, and he can always c/r with a draw here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Triumph, perhaps you could comment more on why you love hand 1. From my view: a) it seems hero is repping a very small range. 88, KQ, JT (QQ, KK, AA, AK, etc., would seemingly RR pf); b) given that villain called turn, it seems like he has a decent made hand; c) the flush draw missed. You add all these together and I think its a recipe for villain calling w/ any A, and often a K. I mean really - what monsters are we supposed to have here given pf action? And on missed flush draws - people love to look you up.

Hand 2 seems ok, if this guy is capable of folding an A.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Triumph, perhaps you could comment more on why you love hand 1. From my view: a) it seems hero is repping a very small range. 88, KQ, JT (QQ, KK, AA, AK, etc., would seemingly RR pf); b) given that villain called turn, it seems like he has a decent made hand; c) the flush draw missed. You add all these together and I think its a recipe for villain calling w/ any A, and often a K. I mean really - what monsters are we supposed to have here given pf action? And on missed flush draws - people love to look you up.

Hand 2 seems ok, if this guy is capable of folding an A.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the fact that people's ranges are so tight here is a mistake, and that's about all I'll say.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:27 PM

Good discussion so far, time for results I suppose.

In hand one, villain folded. However, I changed my hole cards in this particular hand, one of them anyways. The 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] was actually the 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], so I had bottom set. I've recently been experimenting with taking passive flop lines with big hands on draw heavy boards against capable regulars because people will never put you on a big hand, and as a result will often double barrell with air and their marginal hands, and when raised on the turn after villain calls the flop on a drawy board, they will often interpret it as a semibluff and stack off light or rebluff with a draw of their own.

Hand 2 villain folded as well, and my hole cards were unaltered for this one.