Best players/how others are doing
Personal stats
Coaching requests
Anything going on within the MSNL community
Any hands you want to share that you aren't really looking for strat advice on
Other general discussion that doesn't require its own thread
Old 02-01-2007, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Official February Thread: General Discussion/etc

I just hope I'll play more poker this month.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:41 AM

goals:

work towards getting even for 2007, win money and buy a car
Old 02-02-2007, 01:51 PM

wyteazn is playing 3/6 right now, busto? anyone been datamining the big ft games lately?
Old 02-02-2007, 01:59 PM

I had a horrible start to January where I dropped 11k straight playing 6-max 5/10 on Party, mostly due a bad run of cards but included some tilting too. That made me really sad so I stopped playing for a while and instead started playing HU on FTP, which is what I've been doing to this point.

The sad truth is that my head handles the swings much worse than I would have hoped, and I'm not sure if there's any room for improvement for me in this area. Tilting while running bad is only a small part of the proble, and maybe the biggest issue I'm facing right now is improving my work ethic. Whenever I go on a mini-heater I feel like I've done enough for the day and I want to quit while I'm ahead so my avarage session length is truly pathetic. This combined with the facts that it's much easier to find a game and just jump in in 6-max, and that HU variance is way more intese makes me struggle to get just 1k hands per day in. Furthermore I find myself passing up on a lot of games where I'm almost sure I'd be +EV but not neccessarily by much simply because I know from experience that when two closely mathed opponents go at it, dropping 10 buy-ins in a whim is nothing. The pain of losing is more intense than the pleasure I get from winning, and if my sub-conscious mind could decide all my sessions would be very short and well targeted blitz-strikes vs. the true donkeys so that I could maintain a ridiculous win-rate and avoid any neccessary variance.

Am I just being a vag?
Old 02-02-2007, 02:09 PM

So so true. Especially the part about feeling like you've "done enough" after a short, hot session.

edit: btw I play both of those games too (5/10 6max on Party, HU on FTP), mind sharing your SN?
Old 02-02-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a horrible start to January where I dropped 11k straight playing 6-max 5/10 on Party, mostly due a bad run of cards but included some tilting too. That made me really sad so I stopped playing for a while and instead started playing HU on FTP, which is what I've been doing to this point.

The sad truth is that my head handles the swings much worse than I would have hoped, and I'm not sure if there's any room for improvement for me in this area. Tilting while running bad is only a small part of the proble, and maybe the biggest issue I'm facing right now is improving my work ethic. Whenever I go on a mini-heater I feel like I've done enough for the day and I want to quit while I'm ahead so my avarage session length is truly pathetic. This combined with the facts that it's much easier to find a game and just jump in in 6-max, and that HU variance is way more intese makes me struggle to get just 1k hands per day in. Furthermore I find myself passing up on a lot of games where I'm almost sure I'd be +EV but not neccessarily by much simply because I know from experience that when two closely mathed opponents go at it, dropping 10 buy-ins in a whim is nothing. The pain of losing is more intense than the pleasure I get from winning, and if my sub-conscious mind could decide all my sessions would be very short and well targeted blitz-strikes vs. the true donkeys so that I could maintain a ridiculous win-rate and avoid any neccessary variance.

Am I just being a vag?

[/ QUOTE ]

standard
Old 02-06-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
goals:

[/ QUOTE ]

lets get us a liability. if you dont have a [censored] ton of $ saved up, for the love of god just put the $ into some sort of interest bearing account. I would def not buy a car right now with all this crap happening with online poker. If you have a way to make money other than poker, then w/e.

I suggest everyone read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad". Great read, puts things into perspective.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
goals:

[/ QUOTE ]

lets get us a liability. if you dont have a [censored] ton of $ saved up, for the love of god just put the $ into some sort of interest bearing account. I would def not buy a car right now with all this crap happening with online poker. If you have a way to make money other than poker, then w/e.

I suggest everyone read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad". Great read, puts things into perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you have to say about the first review??

amazon link
Old 02-07-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
goals:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ty for advice but a decision like this depends on individual needs, and the utility of having a car and less money and financial security right now is greater than the utility of putting my money away somewhere, for me. For the record I have no source of income outside of poker. From the tone of your post I'm not sure you would understand this but I don't care.
Closed Thread