Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 11:33 AM

Default Re: for green tea drinkers

Get diet green tea and you wont have to stress the sugar
Old 07-12-2007, 02:26 PM

Green tea is very good without sweetener of any kind.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:54 PM

I dont like plain green tea, so I leave the jug with teh tea bags and water out there for the day, and then throw in lemons and splenda to make it sweet after I bring it in
Old 07-12-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you get good tea (loose leaf, probably imported from china or japan) you don't need to put anything else in it to make it taste good. Try sevencups.com or adagio.com. My favorite tea ever is seven cups' Meng Ding Cui Zhu Green Bamboo 2007.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info. I drink Lipton Green tea every day, and was hoping something better tasting might be out.

I recently saw a news flash on MSN news that said that a new study showed that if you combine milk with tea, virtually all the antioxidant effect will be wiped out. This was about 3 months ago. When I just now tried to google it to give a cite, I did see some conflicting studies and couldn’t find the exact one that I read. But to play it safe, I no longer add milk to my tea, so once again, thanks for the info. on tastier tea.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:54 PM

Interesting. I don't add milk to tea or coffee, but am curious -- do you recall why the anti-oxidizing effect is wiped out? Sounds weird.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting. I don't add milk to tea or coffee, but am curious -- do you recall why the anti-oxidizing effect is wiped out? Sounds weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I still can't find the recent article that I read, but here's an older study. Apparently proteins in milk bind with compounds in tea called catechins, rendering the good for you tea compounds worthless to the body.

Milk and green tea
Old 07-12-2007, 10:35 PM

Cool never seen one thanks. Dont think it would work well in our Canadian Winters
Old 07-12-2007, 11:22 PM

Jackie Chan's green tea. Do itt
Old 07-12-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you get good tea (loose leaf, probably imported from china or japan) you don't need to put anything else in it to make it taste good. Try sevencups.com or adagio.com. My favorite tea ever is seven cups' Meng Ding Cui Zhu Green Bamboo 2007.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info. I drink Lipton Green tea every day, and was hoping something better tasting might be out.

I recently saw a news flash on MSN news that said that a new study showed that if you combine milk with tea, virtually all the antioxidant effect will be wiped out. This was about 3 months ago. When I just now tried to google it to give a cite, I did see some conflicting studies and couldn’t find the exact one that I read. But to play it safe, I no longer add milk to my tea, so once again, thanks for the info. on tastier tea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shameless plug here for my brother/sister in law's tea store. Phenomenal tea here; great people too. www.glteaandspice.com

Tell them Andy sent you.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

which lipton tea are you drinking..I vary between the diet citrus and mixed berry and I honestly dont know that I have gone a day without drinking one for the past 6 months.