Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Ask Josem about visiting/living in Australia

Is is true that Aussie women just love American men?
(I was told because Aussie men treat women rather poorly)
Old 01-27-2007, 09:28 PM

How does it feel to watch Aussie Rules football when you know deep down in your heart that the Eagles are omnidominant (yes I just made that up) and that in reality all the other teams are just battling it out for 2nd place?

<font color="white">j/k, kind of</font>
Old 01-28-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In my experience this was generally true, but it isn't like Thailand where girls will want to [censored] you just because you're American. You still have to put in the effort to go and talk to them and if you can't pick up girls in the States, you'll probably have trouble in Oz. Any game you do have, though, will be greatly magnified and you'll have a lot more luck than you would normally. There are no three better words to come from a girl's mouth than than "Are you aMEERican?"
Old 01-28-2007, 12:15 PM

ask me any questions about living in Western Australia, if anyone is planning to visit here etc..not as exciting as east but its still Australia
Old 01-28-2007, 05:25 PM

I've always been fascinated by Australia, but have never gotten the chance to get over there. I always thought I would migrate there in my 20's...(un)fortunately, I met a girl, got married, have baby on the way, etc. I don't think I can deprive my extended family by moving so far away at this point.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:30 PM

Man, i scored 60 on the migration points test. I'll have the gf apply and marry her i guess! Or go the bankroll route.

But yea, after travelling around there on the year long working visa, it's a goal of mine to move to australia before i'm 25.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In my experience this was generally true, but it isn't like Thailand where girls will want to [censored] you just because you're American. You still have to put in the effort to go and talk to them and if you can't pick up girls in the States, you'll probably have trouble in Oz. Any game you do have, though, will be greatly magnified and you'll have a lot more luck than you would normally. There are no three better words to come from a girl's mouth than than "Are you aMEERican?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconding this from a british point of view, australian girls are easier.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
where wer you 6 mos. ago? :-p

Have you ever been up to cairns?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have, twice actually. Cairns itself is quite, how would I put this - boring? Tourist-y? A lot of Japanese tourists are stationed in Cairns, they love the joint. The area itself is outta this world - basically Cairns just happens to be the hub from where you go to every cool place around it. Port Douglas is about 35mi north of Cairns and is a much better option to stay at, although it is a little more expensive and upper-class - much more of a 'boutique' area. Going out to the Barrier Reef is awesome, although it's not as good as it used to be, and you really need to be selective with your tour guide. Generally speaking the bigger the operation, the less bright are the coral, the less the abundance of fish. Pollution and over-use will do that to a highly volatile environment. Try and stick with a smaller operator - it's more fun, you get to learn a lot more as it's more 1 on 1 type of questions, and they generally go to a different location every day or at least rotate their locations. Going on a river cruise down through the Daintree Rainforest is a must as well. To samj, good luck with the bub - but try and get out here when things settle down, you (and your wife and little one) would really love it.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ask me any questions about living in Western Australia, if anyone is planning to visit here etc..not as exciting as east but its still Australia

[/ QUOTE ]

What do people in Perth think of this? (NSFW) [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2007, 01:11 AM

Serious question: since you call ketchup "tomato sauce," what do you call tomato sauce (stuff you put on spaghetti or a pizza)?