Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Rate my plans for the future!

[ QUOTE ]
lol so i'm getting the vibe that my future plans are a joke. is it really that naive to think I can pave my future through poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't let anyone make you feel that what you're doing/thinking is a joke. It's *very* admirable to develop a set of goals/plans at your age. Plenty of academic research supports the idea that those with clearly developed and written goals tend to have a tendency to do "better" than those who don't.

I don't know if your particular plan is the way to go, but I do know that thinking and planning your financial future from an early age *is* the way to go. And asking questions on a forum like this is a good way to get some feedback on the plans you're making.

As to specific ideas re: what you're planning, my two cents is that your future planned poker income 'may' be a bit unrealistic (small sample size on your profitability, uncertain online poker climate, you may get a girlfriend who wants to party and won't let you play, etc.), and that your real estate plans 'may' also be a bit optimistic (it'd be hard to live off the income generated from 250k of real estate). You may be best off to maximize the heck out of your poker income and then put that money to work for 7-8 years while doing one of those cubicle jobs to pay the bills. You could maybe double your hoped-for 250k into 500k by the time you're 30 or so, and then quit the corporate crapola then, with a little more assets to generate income for you. Just some ideas to think about...