Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the obesity problem in the U.S. will go away now that internet poker is finished in the
Yes 12 7.95%
No 106 70.20%
I'll never stop playing internet poker .....(hmm where's the twinkies) 33 21.85%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Sign Language at the Table - Nitty?

jesus christ you guys are horrible. the spirit of the rule is to prevent collusion. if they both aren't in the hand, they aren't colluding.

<assumption>it's likely 1/2nl so who the [censored] cares?</assumption>
Old 09-09-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jesus christ you guys are horrible. the spirit of the rule is to prevent collusion. if they both aren't in the hand, they aren't colluding.

[/ QUOTE ]
The notion that both have to be in the hand to collude is beyond ridiculous, think.
Player A( Deaf) folds Ax preflop. on the turn there are four of a suit, and playerA signs to his budddy( who is still in the hand) "I had the ace". Collusion? Of course.
Speaking a foreign language, or signing between two people, while ONE or Both are still in the hand is not( or should not) allowed.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:46 PM

you're nitting. if there is a sudden flutter of furious signing, you have a case.

rules are fluid, its why we have judges and juries in the legal analogue of rule enforcement.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:30 AM

You wanna see the seventh card, stop signing freaking sputnik! I'm sure you guys were signing about pirogies and snow but let's cut that out.

Sorry... but someone had to do it.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

"Mr Dealer, I would like to state for the record that, with all due respect, the Right Honorable player in seat 8 is a donkey"

[/ QUOTE ]

THE funniest thing I've seen on here in quite some time....

You guys should play in Miami sometime...if the English only rule was enforced, most of the dealers would be silent!!!
Old 09-11-2007, 06:46 PM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

Try playing in Puerto Rico. It's kind of easy because raise is "raiso" (no kidding) and all in is "awleeeeen." It helps to know the numbers like "bentay" (all right, it's spelled vente but that's how they say it), "keensay" (quince) and like that. It's also helpful to let the floor know that you speak little to no Spanish, so he can alert the dealer. It's also very entertaining in a tournament when you are the big blind and all you have is the ante. Now you know how deaf people feel when there are eleven (nine other players, dealer and floor) people hollering in Spanish and you have no [censored] clue what they are saying.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:48 PM

How big a game is this? Do they suck or are they good? Generally, I would not make a big issue out of this unless it was pretty clearly overt cheating or for big money.

Jeff