Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2007, 02:00 AM

Default Re: How would you handle this typical situation?

a) I'm leading out here. This is SOP for me with top and bottom in general, and especially with a two flush, I want to get money in now especially since I can comfortably 3 bet my hand. Overall I just don't like giving away free cards with top and bottom pair as it's a nice hand but, can also be counterfeited more easily then we'd like

b) I'm also betting out here. TPWK, I don't want to give away a free card and what can I say, me like hand, me bet. How we react to preceeding streets if we get raised on the flop depends greatly on who does the raising. If the tag does, and a non-diamond falls on the turn, I may be willing to donk the turn, if it's the CO, I'm just looking to call down as our kicker sucks and I'm just hoping that he's getting silly with a lesser hand

c) again, I'm betting out. with second pair and a BD Flush draw, this is a hand that is good enough to bet. getting raised would certainly not make us happy, and getting called wouldn't be all that great either, but betting out is best IMO

d) I'm 50/50 on betting out here and c/fing the flop. the pot's small and we may have the best hand, so it may not be a bad idea to take a stab here, but also, if we have the best hand only a 2 would make us feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside on the turn if we get called. If we get raised on this flop, it's an easy chuck. This one is interesting right here

e) I'm thinking c/fing the flop is best. all we really have is a BDFlush and this pot is way too small to peel the flop as there are exactly 0 implied odds here. If we were in the BB I may be willing to take a stab everynow and then at this, and would take a stab a lot more in position, but we're OOP and there's just too little to work with here

f) well, I wouldn't be completing here in the first place, and on this flop I'm definitely C/Fing. we have no draw, no pair and are OOP, all of that blows with this hand