Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Differences between 4PTBB/100 and 8PTBB/100 winning players.

If I will look at the long run 200k hands I will be at 3.5PTBB/100 at 1NL and 2NL 6 max games.
So I'm trying to find a reason what am I doing wrong. I watched over 20 videos at CR and I didn't learn anything.

Guys doing marginal moves and there is no way to say if that move gives +EV in the long run.

Let's say guy with 12% PFR raises 4x and you can see a guy in video reraises to 14x with KTs in position.

1 guy saying to fold small pocket pairs in BB when there is a raise another guy saying 3 bet with all PP when there is a raise. They both great players.

1 guy chooses which flops to Cbet another guy Cbets like 90% of the time.

Sbrugby in 1 video advises to push with 9 high flush draw on flop to make a loose player image and that it will be saved for at least 10k hands in your opponents heads.

And then in the later hands you will make much more then that.

1. If they are regulars they know how you play and they will know that move like that will be 1 time out of 100 hands.
2. If they are just fish they will be out of that pokersite in no time so there is no use in that.

I believe that if you would ask 8PTBB/100 winner what's the difference between his play and 4PTBB/100 he couldn't tell.

The more I watch videos the more confusing it gets for me.
1 guy raises UTG all suited broadway and all PP other guy advises to be extremly tight UTG and raise only 66+ AJ+.

So in my opinion the only way to learn and to be a better player is to watch over 100k hands of some 8PTBB/100 winner and to see what he does in all these situations. But of course it's not realistic.