Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Mark Blade\'s book(s)

Yeah, I just looked on the copyright page and theres a "first printing 2005" and a "second printing 2006, revised" which would explain this!
Old 11-18-2007, 01:11 AM

Mine is a first printing from 2005. And we are not talking about the same thing. I was talking about bankroll while you are talking about buy-in. I did not catch that distinction initially.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mine is a first printing from 2005. And we are not talking about the same thing. I was talking about bankroll while you are talking about buy-in. I did not catch that distinction initially.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never post when you have the flu! To do so will result in some really bad posts such as the one by myself that I quote.

When I can think more clearly, I will be back.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks. Next time see if you can actually add something to a discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the cover of the book before you buy it. If you want a book on how to play cards, only read 2+2. Then avoid telling us that the book Mark Blade wrote wasn't the one you wanted to read.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:17 AM

hmmmm the book is called "Professional Poker;an essential guide for playing for a living", not "Getting prepared to play poker for beginners", which is probably what it should have been called. If people disagree then thats fine, Im not going to continue to waste my time on it.

I also dont think that you should only read 2+2 for playing your cards. They may be the best in general but other publishers such as D&B I think are also good in that respect.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The whole "writing about tilt" thing - it's a bunch of nonsense surely. Attractive nonsense of course, like any self-help book. Degen style tilt is because you're an addict, you can't read your way around it. Then again, if I've learned one thing in my 30 years it's that everyone else is stupid.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
thanks. Next time see if you can actually add something to a discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the cover of the book before you buy it. If you want a book on how to play cards, only read 2+2. Then avoid telling us that the book Mark Blade wrote wasn't the one you wanted to read.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand all these negative posts based on it not being something. Something it was never intended to be. It is not a book on how to play poker. This is like saying that as a romance novel, Bringing Down The House sucks.

The biggest fault in my mind is the references to books, PP2 and PP3, that don't even exist. And the author writes about them not as if they are going to be published, but that they were published.