Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Mark Blade\'s book(s)

[ QUOTE ]
I seriously think the reason the other two books weren't published is that he never wrote them. I think he had a few essays on certain poker concepts and imagined that he would finish the books soon.

I remember him stating that one of his yet to be released books (Professional Poker 3) was his "finest achievement" which was ludicrous since the book almost certainly wasn't written at the time. I think it was on the emotional aspects of poker such as avoiding tilt.

Since PP3 was already complete in 2005 why is the expected date for release in early 2008?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he was writing the rush, but now that his ideas have run cold he is too emotionally distraught to write the other books.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:58 PM

The whole "writing about tilt" thing - it's a bunch of nonsense surely. Attractive nonsense of course, like any self-help book. Degen style tilt is because you're an addict, you can't read your way around it. Then again, if I've learned one thing in my 30 years it's that everyone else is stupid.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The whole "writing about tilt" thing - it's a bunch of nonsense surely. Attractive nonsense of course, like any self-help book. Degen style tilt is because you're an addict, you can't read your way around it. Then again, if I've learned one thing in my 30 years it's that everyone else is stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that thirty years of playing, thirty years of living, what?

Personally, in my forty plus years of living, I find that we don't know as much as we think. Or at least I think I know that. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, in my forty plus years of living, I find that we don't know as much as we think. Or at least I think I know that. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

And in my fifty plus years, I've found that people who think they know everything really annoy the hell out of those of us who really do.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And in my fifty plus years, I've found that people who think they know everything really annoy the hell out of those of us who really do.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the thread jumps the shark! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is one of the most useless poker books I have ever read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that you do not elucidate, I find your post to be pretty useless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh im sorry, i didn't know I had to elucidate myself in every single post on here.....well here goes.....

The book has nothing and I mean NOTHING on poker strategy and is basically a book on getting prepared to be a pro.(wow!) If you need information on how much bankroll you need, odds charts, dealing with bad beats, what other books you need to read, and shameless plugs of his so called up and coming books in almost every chapter, then this is your book.

For those who are actually interested in improving their poker, this book is useless .

this book is for people who haven't the slightest idea on the game and who have probably never bought a poker book in their lives.

Let me know if this is enough for you, if not ill "elucidate" some more.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:14 AM

It's not enough for me. Would you consider it better or worse than Scott Fischmann's book?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:24 AM

havent read Fischmanns book and I dont think I want to, especially after reading some of the reviews on it.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i read this up until the point he made some ridiculous claim about 10 buyins been a good bankroll for NL cash or similar (dont remember exact details) and then just stopped. It was faily basic up until that point as far as i remember...

[/ QUOTE ]

You stopped over one section? At least finish it.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
havent read Fischmanns book and I dont think I want to, especially after reading some of the reviews on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this statement.