Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 03:18 AM

Default how to get good at cash games (i must be terrible)

Ok, so I can win wpts but I cant win at 5/10 nl for the life of me. I have watched cardrunner videos over and over, reviewed a few good players hh databases, talked to a few high stakes pros about various hands and I still suck ass. I am about to the point to just give up and sit at my house and do nothing while the live mtts arent running. I feel totally lost. Hopefully this thread doesnt get locked in 2 minutes because I really have no clue what to do. If anyone has any advice at all on how to beat mid stakes cash games online, please please please let me know. Thank you for all the help. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2007, 03:25 AM

Default Re: how to get good at cash games (i must be terrible)

Have you beat other limits at cash?

you're probably a triangle. it's ok though, I think it's a very widespread problem on 2p2.

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so I can win wpts but I cant win at 5/10 nl for the life of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

this makes me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].
Old 10-19-2007, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you're probably a triangle. it's ok though, I think it's a very widespread problem on 2p2.

[/ QUOTE ]

just out of curiosity...wft is a triangle? saw that somewhere else and have no idea what it means or is.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just out of curiosity...wft is a triangle? saw that somewhere else and have no idea what it means or is.

[/ QUOTE ]

ill just link it because i dont want to derail the thread. think fgators
Old 10-19-2007, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tri·an·gle /ˈtraɪˌćŋg& #601;l/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[trahy-ang-guhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a closed plane figure having three sides and three angles.
2. a flat triangular piece, usually of plastic, with straight edges, used in connection with a T square for drawing perpendicular lines, geometric figures, etc.
3. any three-cornered or three-sided figure, object, or piece: a triangle of land.
4. a musical percussion instrument that consists of a steel triangle, open at one corner, that is struck with a steel rod.
5. a group of three; triad.
6. a situation involving three persons, esp. one in which two of them are in love with the third.
7. (initial capital letter) Astronomy. the constellation Triangulum.

Oh, and SpecT, I think I may be the only guy on this forum that automatically thinks of you and not Fgators when the triangle graph is mentioned. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2007, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so I can win wpts but I cant win at 5/10 nl for the life of me. I have watched cardrunner videos over and over, reviewed a few good players hh databases, talked to a few high stakes pros about various hands and I still suck ass. I am about to the point to just give up and sit at my house and do nothing while the live mtts arent running. I feel totally lost. Hopefully this thread doesnt get locked in 2 minutes because I really have no clue what to do. If anyone has any advice at all on how to beat mid stakes cash games online, please please please let me know. Thank you for all the help. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

how much nl did u play before jumping into 5-10? are u a proven winner at 3-6?
Old 10-19-2007, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how much nl did u play before jumping into 5-10? are u a proven winner at 3-6?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good question. What is your history with online no limit cash games? How many hands, how long have you been playing, winrates, stats, etc?
Old 10-19-2007, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing about cash games is that it doesnt matter if you lose a pot, so, basically, you just dont ever fold against over-aggro people. they'll bluff you stacks with nothing because they cant help it. thats pretty much the key, just calling and calling and calling.