Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 05:01 AM

Default wtfle

10/20 6-max, villain here is 43/13/1.1 over like 500 hands. He has, in the past, slow played big hands to the river before he went nuts. I'm totally confused here by villains play.

folds to villain in SB, he completes, I rasie from BB w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], villain calls.

FLOP: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet, SB raises, I 3-bet, SB CAPS, I call.

TURN: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, (WTF?), I check(WTF?)

RIVER: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB bets, I call(?)

I felt like I played PF/flop pretty standard, but turn/river I was just sucky on. The last few times a player has capped flop then checked to I ended up eating a c/r & I've been running like [censored] for 2 weeks now so the turn check mighta just sucked, or maybe not.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:03 AM

Default Re: wtfle

I might have played 7hxh or 6h5h that way if I were SB. But then again, I'm not 43/13/1.1! I think you should have bet the turn.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:14 PM

You played the hand fine. Dont worry about the results.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:45 PM

that flop is quite drawy... so i'd bet the turn unless i check PA and see he has a high c/r %
Old 02-14-2007, 06:53 PM

If I do this to you I have a big draw always; like a pair and a flush draw or a straight and flush draw or something. So against me you should bet the turn. I will then go for the river check-raise and you can own me by checking behind.

As it played out I can't see anyone on 2+2 recommending a fold.

Guy.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that flop is quite drawy... so i'd bet the turn unless i check PA and see he has a high c/r %

[/ QUOTE ]

I see nothing wrong with betting the turn, but I also see nothing wrong with checking the turn. I think this situation does not come up often enough to really worry about and the decision point has to be very close. I know why wackjob checked the turn. He checked the turn becuz he instinctively knew he was going to get check/raised alot, and he also knew he would never fold even though a check/raise here would mean hes likely [censored]. I believe this is a valid argument for checking the turn. I also know there is a valid argument for betting the turn. Becuz theres a sound reason for both lines I really dont care what the hero does which is why I think wackjob played the hand fine.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see nothing wrong with betting the turn, but I also see nothing wrong with checking the turn. I think this situation does not come up often enough to really worry about and the decision point has to be very close. I know why wackjob checked the turn. He checked the turn becuz he instinctively knew he was going to get check/raised alot, and he also knew he would never fold even though a check/raise here would mean hes likely [censored]. I believe this is a valid argument for checking the turn. I also know there is a valid argument for betting the turn. Becuz theres a sound reason for both lines I really dont care what the hero does which is why I think wackjob played the hand fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree. Turn bet is $$.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:41 AM

he could easily have the 7 with a flush draw, i'd cap it also here most of the time against a potential steal by you.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:42 AM

He may have thought he could c/r the turn as well which is sickening when it happens. I like to do what he did on the flop if i hit 2 pair here cuz i know people will cap when i am positive they just have a nice kicker. As played it appears to be a flush drizzzzaw
Old 02-15-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree. Turn bet is $$.

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres nothing to disagree about. The simple reality is when somone caps the flop OOP and then checks the turn most of the time it is becuz they are trying to own you not becuz they have a draw. If they have a draw or nothing they would usually bet the turn. Since most 2+2ers like Wackjob and Me are huge showdown monkeys who will never fold AJ in this spot even though a flop cap+turn check/raise = AJ is [censored], checking the turn has lots of merit when we know were gonna get check/raised very often.

I honestly cannot remember the last time somebody check/raised capped the flop vs me and then checked the turn. Becuz this play is so rare, and we dont really have much of a postflop read on the villain, I think its impossible to discern that betting is better than checking here. So I will remain indifferent to both lines.